Wifi woes

LocalHero

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 322GW and it just refuses to connect via wifi to the Nextbase phone app (Apple iPhone 8+)

Lets assume that I've done the whole "reset and follow the instructions on the PDF as suggested by NB support" routine and it still doesn't work (because I have, several times)

What's the next step? Return the camera as it clearly isn't fit for purpose?

Or has anyone actually got the 322GW talking to a iPhone?

two things to check, make sure you're using the correct app, there are two Nextbase apps, you need the 'My Nextbase Connect' app for your model

if you have the correct app and still can't connect try putting the phone in airplane mode and just turn wifi back in and see if you can connect then

Thanks for the reply

I’ve definitely got the correct app. I’ve tried it in flight mode but it’s the same, just loops rounds trying to connect and failing

I’m about ready to give up with it and get something else

actually looking at the manual you need Bluetooth on also

did you try this during the initial setup of the camera or did you skip that at the time?

jokiin - it worked! Thank you so much, you are an absolute hero!

Just in case anyone needs to know in the future, here's how it got it working

1. Delete app from phone
2. Remove/forget Nextbase bluetooth device and Wifi network from phone
3. Download app again, but don't start it up yet.
4. On the dashcam, go into Setup and choose "Keep User Data" and set it to "No"
5. Go into Setup and go to "Default Settings", this will do a full reset of the camera
6. Go into Setup again and select the Nextbase Connect icon
7. On the phone, make sure Airplane mode is set to ON - this is critical!
8. Start the My Nextbase Connect app on the phone and go through the setup as normal (note you wont be able to check for latest firmware but you can skip that)
9. You may be prompted to set up Wifi. If so, copy the password and connect to the dashcam Wifi in the phone's Settings
10. Kill the app and restart it. You should now be connected on Wifi to the cam and should be able to d/l videos to the phone (note you can only select 5 at a time)

It appears that in order to connect to the camera in future the phone may have to be in Airplane mode but to be honest I reckon I can live with that. It's a whole lot easier than taking the camera out of the car, or removing just the SD card.

Thanks again, I am now a happy man!

But surely taking the SD card out and taking it to your computer id an awful lot quicker and doesn't clutter up your phone with unwanted stuff?

My aim is to automate the whole thing - I'm trying to get a raspberry pi set up to automatically synchronise with the dashcam. Getting the wifi connected was the first step, now that I know that works and I have the wifi credentials stored, the rest of it becomes hopefully quite easy.

One step towards perfection then eh? :D

fingers crossed. just figured out that the cam is acutally running a webserver so its a simple case of connect to it on wifi, then do a wget to grab all the files. Piece of cake.

I have a 322GW and it just refuses to connect via wifi to the Nextbase phone app (Apple iPhone 8+)

Lets assume that I've done the whole "reset and follow the instructions on the PDF as suggested by NB support" routine and it still doesn't work (because I have, several times)

What's the next step? Return the camera as it clearly isn't fit for purpose?

Or has anyone actually got the 322GW talking to a iPhone?
Mine talks pretty well to my iPhone SE 2020. No issues.

Have only just got the 322gw but sometimes it connects , other times I am waiting for it to connect for ages .
if I go to WiFi settings on iPhone it asks for WiFi password to connect to dash cam.
Does anybody know where the WiFi password is located

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R 322GW 2
D 322GW 1
Back