Will a hardwire kit from a Mini 0906 get the A129 in to Parking Mode?

N3XU5

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey all, I'm thinking of getting the A129 to replace my DR750S because I don't need something that expensive and I'm not a big fan of not having a screen and buttons on the camera itself. I've had a Mini 0906 in the past and still have the hardwire kit for it which switches the camera to parking mode over USB. Does the A129 switch to parking mode in that same fashion and if so will the Mini 0906 hardwire kit send the correct signal to switch the camera?

A new beta firmware for new parking mode will be released soon, maybe you can have a try with other cables.

A new beta firmware for new parking mode will be released soon, maybe you can have a try with other cables.

I don't have an A129 yet, I was just asking in hopes that it would so I could try and get one sooner. Any idea when the official parking mode hardwire kit will come out?

Hey all, I'm thinking of getting the A129 to replace my DR750S because I don't need something that expensive and I'm not a big fan of not having a screen and buttons on the camera itself. I've had a Mini 0906 in the past and still have the hardwire kit for it which switches the camera to parking mode over USB. Does the A129 switch to parking mode in that same fashion and if so will the Mini 0906 hardwire kit send the correct signal to switch the camera?
Here is what I asked Viofo and their response:

So when does the A129 go into parking mode and not record after the vehicle is turned off (but still powered because of hard-wiring)?
After 90s, camera detect nothing(motion and G-sensor shock), it will enter stand-by mode and will not record, screen will be off.

Here is what I asked Viofo and their response:

So when does the A129 go into parking mode and not record after the vehicle is turned off (but still powered because of hard-wiring)?
After 90s, camera detect nothing(motion and G-sensor shock), it will enter stand-by mode and will not record, screen will be off.

that's the current method, without using a hardwiring kit

People have mentioned a special parking mode with the new hardwire kit, but I have not seen anything from Viofo saying that. Do you have a link to what is different with the upcoming hardwire kit?

People have mentioned a special parking mode with the new hardwire kit, but I have not seen anything from Viofo saying that. Do you have a link to what is different with the upcoming hardwire kit?

they've mentioned already that it won't work like it currently does, will just switch modes to either timelapse or low bitrate video

I guess I am asking where it was mentioned? Was it on this site? The Viofo web site? A different website?

I am not trying to be difficult I am just trying to find out where it was said. I actually wrote back to support and asked the question, so I will see what they have to say.

Thanks for the link. I see a lot of questions about the parking mode in that thread.

It would have been nice if Viofo had that info in the product literature that you will need the "special" hardwire kit to make the parking mode work in the future.

Thanks again!

I hope they keep the current method around after the update. I just wish you could enable/disable the motion activation and just use the shock sensor. I parked by some trees on a windy day and the camera recorded all day because of the branches moving around.

that's the current method, without using a hardwiring kit

So like I mentioned I have the DR750S and for power I'm using the Vico Power Plus. If I wanted to use an A129 right now it would not have actual parking mode and when I shut the car off with it plugged into the Power Plus it will just stay in normal mode correct?

No, currently it will change to parking mode after 90 seconds of inactivity, much like how the Blackvue functions

No, currently it will change to parking mode after 90 seconds of inactivity, much like how the Blackvue functions

And at this point that means not recording after 90 seconds correct?

No, changes modes after 90 seconds, it's still recording up until that point
What I mean is after that 90 seconds it enters standby and stops recording?

After 90 seconds of no movement or shock sensor the camera stops recording. Once the camera detects movement it records until there is no movement detected for 90 seconds.

That is the way my camera is currently working with vico power plus I purchased at the same time with the camera. I am also slightly confused with the new parking mode everyone keeps talking about. This is also my first dashcam, so I have nothing to compare to.

Edit: After the initial 90 seconds of no detected movement it will stop recording but monitor for movement or shock. I do not know how long it records after the movement stops once it is triggered. I looked at the files the other day and most of the parking mode files were around 1 minute or so when triggered.

Last edited:
Back