Will A Power Magic Pro or the VicoVation Vico-Power Plus Work For Parking Mode

gapi

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A129
I already have these parking mode battery management devices installed in my vehicles. So if I just plug in the A129 Duo will it be good to go for parking mode enabling?

I have a Vico-Power Plus, works for the version of Parking Mode that's similar to the A119 series. Doesn't work with the new Parking Mode Beta, need their A129 specific hardwire kit.

Interesting. Its just a power switching from acc to battery. Sigh...

I have a Vico-Power Plus, works for the version of Parking Mode that's similar to the A119 series. Doesn't work with the new Parking Mode Beta, need their A129 specific hardwire kit.
Harsh,

Have you tried changing the Vico+ settings on whether it reboots the camera when it senses Batt to ACC change?

Harsh,

Have you tried changing the Vico+ settings on whether it reboots the camera when it senses Batt to ACC change?

Do you mean the 'ACC restart reboot function', I keep it off. AFAIK, has nothing to do with Parking Mode. Not recommended by VV for non VV cameras.

Do you mean the 'ACC restart reboot function', I keep it off. AFAIK, has nothing to do with Parking Mode. Not recommended by VV for non VV cameras.
On Release firmware I have it set to OFF. I wonder if Viofo's new hardwire kit for the A129 will apply the same rules. I mean for all intents and purposes the Vico+ also has 3 wires.

On Release firmware I have it set to OFF. I wonder if Viofo's new hardwire kit for the A129 will apply the same rules. I mean for all intents and purposes the Vico+ also has 3 wires.

I've tried the Parking Mode Beta already, doesn't work, can't turn on Parking mode, shows 'Needs/Requires VIOFO hardwiring kit'.

I've tried the Parking Mode Beta already, doesn't work, can't turn on Parking mode, shows 'Needs/Requires VIOFO hardwiring kit'.
That's dumb. Proprietary hardware to make it work is unacceptable. :(

Well it is a beta so maybe there is hope

I see, so it needs 2 inputs wires plus a ground, it not being an input. I was counting the ground.
Still not a deal breaker for me at this price point.

Back