Will Lexar 128GB 1000x work in F750?

lukemack

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Just wondering if anyone had any experience with this card in F750? I know the preceding model, the Lexar 633x 128gb card, will aparantly work. I think the 1000x will be a bit better as it has up to 45mb write speed. I have a front and back 1080p F750 cams so at approx 15mb a sec per stream, it should be ok! However, this damn thing is so irritatingly finicky with which cards it'll accept - as you know.

Attachments

• 71VOnHHCPtL._SL1042_.jpg
    71VOnHHCPtL._SL1042_.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 4
I understand this topic has been extensively thrashed out but there's just so much conflicting information out there. I'd really like to get some solid info from owners about which cards work. Maybe a simple poll might be the best indicator?

I understand this topic has been extensively thrashed out but there's just so much conflicting information out there. I'd really like to get some solid info from owners about which cards work. Maybe a simple poll might be the best indicator?

even if someone tells you which card works for them it doesn't mean the same will work for you, cards change internally quite often, even if they appear to be the same externally

On one hand if someone says a certain card works and on the other, 1000 people say that it works, both do not guarantee smooth operation of the card. But I'm more likely to be successful if I rely on the experience of the 1000 people. Wouldn't you agree?

If there is no certainty of card efficacy across all brands, then no one should entertain the idea of an aftermarket card as that would be futile. However, Thinkware, a company who doesn't even make chips, has managed to maintain internal consistency.

So, no. This is not voodoo magic cursing the cards and the f750 can only descriminate cards based on whether its formatted correctly and writes fast enough. Nothing else is happening. It's a sh1tty, cheap, dashcam made by a company who probably thinks they are the market leader of all the other providers with their particularly sh1t products. Thinkware along with every other dashcam provider is generally garbage, in quality of manufacturing and operation.

No dashcam around looks good, they are all ascetically ugly. No dashcam takes advantage of state of the art mobile tech, it could easily stream using 802.11ac or have inbuilt storage. They are all overpriced for garbage decade old 1080p. I bet someones got a 4k out there and it's 1500 and looks like an 80s modem stuck on your windscreen. I should be able to connect via wifi, press one button to transfer all content from the dashcam to the connected device. But no, it's garbage, screwing about with memory chips.

This industry is a deadend, as you know. In the near future cars will come with this functionality as standard, and they will be designed to look and function just like radios in cars of today. They use to be optional and now are ubiquitous.

Thank goodness. I will fondly recount these annoying but necessary dashcam escapades with my kids in 10 years' as that dark time when in order to prove some imbecile ran into you, you needed to spend $800 bucks to stick an irritating and poorly functioning box on your windscreen. The only reliable feature is the recording, everything else, collission warning is hilariously dumb along with lane departure, it also runs batteries flat even with the 60 bullsh1t add on so must be unplugged in the garage. Even the 32gb thinkware card that came with it died after 6 months.

On one hand if someone says a certain card works and on the other, 1000 people say that it works, both do not guarantee smooth operation of the card. But I'm more likely to be successful if I rely on the experience of the 1000 people. Wouldn't you agree?

if your card came from the same production as the other 1000 then it would most likely work, you have no way of knowing that though, the problem is prominent with some brands as they change flash memory supplier and controller chipsets often (memory pricing is very volatile, pricing is updated 3 times per day), not as common in top tier brand cards that do their own production

to go back to the original question, personally I wouldn't use the Lexar, they were once a very reliable brand but they sold their memory business to a Chinese company around 18 months ago and the quality dropped from where it used to be, given that you have a Thinkware camera you're limited in memory options to begin with due to their firmware

if your card came from the same production as the other 1000 then it would most likely work, you have no way of knowing that though, the problem is prominent with some brands as they change flash memory supplier and controller chipsets often (memory pricing is very volatile, pricing is updated 3 times per day), not as common in top tier brand cards that do their own production

to go back to the original question, personally I wouldn't use the Lexar, they were once a very reliable brand but they sold their memory business to a Chinese company around 18 months ago and the quality dropped from where it used to be, given that you have a Thinkware camera you're limited in memory options to begin with due to their firmware

I appreciate your input, it makes a lot of sense.

Which card do you suggest? Disclaimer: I won't purchase based entirely on your suggestion, though it may help point me in the right direction.

I would suggest researching what other people have used successfully as a starting point, I'm not familiar with what the current best fit is for your camera, for example if there are models from Samsung or Sandisk that are known to work those would be a safer bet as they manufacture their own cards, second tier brands that use third party manufacturers change often, as with any memory card buy from a reputable source, there's a lot of fakes out there, particularly if purchasing online

I would suggest researching what other people have used successfully as a starting point, I'm not familiar with what the current best fit is for your camera, for example if there are models from Samsung or Sandisk that are known to work those would be a safer bet as they manufacture their own cards, second tier brands that use third party manufacturers change often, as with any memory card buy from a reputable source, there's a lot of fakes out there, particularly if purchasing online

Thanks again, I'll look into it. I can personally rule out the high endurance San Disk cards (purchased in 2016 from Michaels). I wonder if the 128 gb thinkware card meant for the subsequent model f800 will work, perhaps it would just need a reformat. It's a cool $263. Thinkware is laughing right about now: Let the unwashed eat cake!

$263 is crazy, wouldn't go paying that much for a card
I agree, it's just obnoxious. But this is the status quo, the going rate is 230 to 263 for 128gb. And tbh I might just do it to avoid more wasted time and money. I don't think their excessive pricing will help them in the long term. People won't upgrade, ie Apple and the iPhone of late.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D F750 20
Back