Will the 490 2CH Install Using the 650S-S 2CH Wire & Mounts?

gapi

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A129
Will the 490 2CH Install Using the 650S-sCH Wire & mounts?

I have a 650S 2CH and want to move it to another vehicle and use a 490-2CH in its place.
I wonder if the 490 will mount into the 650 hangars and take the power cords.

I could then use the 490 fit to hang my 650 in the other vehicle.

Thanks

All the other models use the same cables Not all are the same diameter and therefore use different mounts but you can buy spare mounts on their own

Power cable is the same. Mounts are different and rear camera cable is different.
DR490 takes a 2.5mm, DR650 takes a coaxial.

Power cable is the same. Mounts are different and rear camera cable is different.
DR490 takes a 2.5mm, DR650 takes a coaxial.

I hope that Blackvue transitions into designing all their units with 2.5mm cables instead of coaxial.

Seems more durable and it's less stressful taking the cable in or out of the unit.

I hope that Blackvue transitions into designing all their units with 2.5mm cables instead of coaxial.

would make sense, ask any of the installers that do their product how much grief they've had with the coaxial cables, the connector is tiny and very easily damaged

would make sense, ask any of the installers that do their product how much grief they've had with the coaxial cables, the connector is tiny and very easily damaged

Actually, BlackVue updated the coax cable earlier this year to a more solid design. Yes the 1st version of the coax had a small pin that could be damaged if the coax wasn't inserted correctly. However now the pins are larger and more solid; we have not had any repeat of the initial issues ever since the update. Thank you.

Actually, BlackVue updated the coax cable earlier this year to a more solid design. Yes the 1st version of the coax had a small pin that could be damaged if the coax wasn't inserted correctly. However now the pins are larger and more solid; we have not had any repeat of the initial issues ever since the update. Thank you.

that's good news, plenty of those early ones caused lots of grief

Generally speaking the coaxial was not that bad, if it was damaged it would most likely be 1 of 2 situations.

1. Plugging it in from the driver's (left) side. When the person plugging it in couldn't see where they were plugging into and just trying to feel their way into the port. If you plug it in from the right side and you can see the port, damage is unlikely.

2. Dealership/mechanic messing with the dash cam. Somehow dealerships or mechanics that unplug/plug in the camera frequently damage it, I guess they're just heavy handed with it. Thankfully, most of the time they will cover the reinstall/replacement cable in our experience

Back