Will The New SG9665C Capacitor version have a speed in video?

xbnipx

Reaction score
Country
United States
Will the new version have speed in the video along side the time and date

at this stage no but we'll look at doing it, providing it works well

functionality and settings at launch will be pretty close to what we did in the SG9665GPS, we've got a number of enhancements we'll be looking to do afterwards, firmware development is always ongoing and always interested to hear from customers about what they'd like to see

So what you are saying that this new version could have that possibility with a firmware update? Or do you need a hardware upgrade as well? Also when do you think the SG9665C will be released? early or late feb. Also will it be available on amazon?

hardware is fine, would be a firmware update to enable it

we should ship during Feb (mid Feb hopefully) and will be available from @Pier28 they have a store on Amazon

I saw that the SG9665GC was leaked. What is the price gonna be for that one. Also what about one without GPS

Hi @xbnipx, we'll take care of you once this is ready. :)
Jon,

Do you have any idea how much inventory you'll be getting once it's released? I'm pretty sure I'll be getting one for each vehicle.

It's nearly ready final firmware tweaking is in progress. Niko just posted the retail unboxing video in the other SG9665GC thread.

I'll have a nice large order ready plenty for all.

It's nearly ready final firmware tweaking is in progress. Niko just posted the retail unboxing video in the other SG9665GC thread.

I'll have a nice large order ready plenty for all.
Ok sounds good what will the final price be? Also will this be sold in the USA or do i have to buy it overseas? I would like to get it as soon as i can

Final USA Pricing and pre-orders will be made available soon, working it out this month. Pier28 will be stocking and shipping these in/from California.

Final USA Pricing and pre-orders will be made available soon, working it out this month. Pier28 will be stocking and shipping these in/from California.
Looking forward to it! :D

functionality and settings at launch will be pretty close to what we did in the SG9665GPS, we've got a number of enhancements we'll be looking to do afterwards, firmware development is always ongoing and always interested to hear from customers about what they'd like to see

Hey jokiin.

I was wondering about what upgrades you can do with the firmware. What sort of functions can be added through the firmware?

For example, I had an idea of the possibility of being able to get files off the dash cam through an OTG cable and maybe a USB flash drive. Like if you connect a usb flash drive to the dash cam, there would be an option to copy files onto the connected flash drive (by day/month/all/protected files)

I know it would be easier to just take out the memory card and get the files off there, but I was wondering if it could be a possibility.

I wouldn't say it was impossible, given the ease of popping out a memory card though I'm not really sure that would be worthwhile to spend development time on, popping the card out is far easier than pulling cables and plugging alternate cables in for most installations

don't want to discourage you, all ideas are welcome, never know what it might lead to, a lot of functionality we've had in previous models have been ideas that have come as a result of customer feedback

Ah no problem. It was just something I was pondering with regards how to get files off the dash cam.

I was also thinking that with some sort of otg capability, I would be able to copy the files to a usb on the dash cam in case of an accident and I have to give the memory card to the officer. Actually, I can just give the memory stick with a copy of the file to the officer and still have a copy for my own records.

I have a question about the SG9665GC specifications that I've not seen published anywhere - what is the operating temperature range? Normal annual range here is from -15F to 100F (-26C to 38C) or higher. I'm more concerned about the low end as I'm sure the capacitor version can handle the high temps without issue.

We did hot and cold temperature testing but I don't have the report to hand, will have to check once staff come back from holidays what the numbers were

We did hot and cold temperature testing but I don't have the report to hand, will have to check once staff come back from holidays what the numbers were
OK, thanks. Should I ask again in a week or so given that you have about a thousand other things more important to deal with?

Back