Will the SG9663DR be more resistant to sitting high temps\sun?

krole

Country
United States
Would the SG9663DR be more resistant to high temps? Or more specifically sitting in the sun all day with parking mode enabled? Since the main DVR will be able to be tucked out of the way and be out of the sun, it should have a lower temp.

kamkar1

Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
Lukas LK-7500G / Innovv C3 / mobius / G1W / SG9665GC & more
I am hoping so, but nothing is confirmed yet.
But common sense ( mine at least ) dictate that when the main unit ( main heat generator ) are not exposed to the heat of the sun too, then in my book it should be able to endure more.
The hardware will be the same, so nothing in that regard that will do wonders for heat endurance.

But i think the SG parking feature ( DC & DR ) will be running at 15 FPS max, so already there a savings on heat generation.

kamkar1

Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
Lukas LK-7500G / Innovv C3 / mobius / G1W / SG9665GC & more
I must add that if makers could take advantage of the hidden main unit and so will have no problems making it larger, then it could also have a far better cooling solution and so for sure be able to handle / dissipate more heat.

BUT ! as i understand it SG will be sticking to a minimal main unit size and so probably also make it possible to use the DR as a motorcycle camera, in this case a am not quite sure if any additional heat tolerance will be a major difference, as the smaller housing will not have anything major in regard to being able to dissipate heat.
In this case the only gain will be that the main unit are out of the sun, and thats still a substancial heat source, so i do think there will be a plus here, just unsure of how large font size i will have to use for that plus.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Street Guardian 44
Bobcat101 Street Guardian 97
T Street Guardian 6