Will this micro sd card work with the 522GW?

That is same as I use, first one just failed after 16 months, bought new one same card

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B07FCMRBTM
got the 522GW being fitted on friday and need a memory card to go with it will this card work fine ?
Hello,

For the 522GW, I'd recommend a Dash Cam compatible 8GB -128GB U3 Micro SD card, specifically designed for Dash Cam or CCTV usage. Using a dash cam compatible SD card will allow your Dash Cam to function as designed. The card needs to have a minimum continuous write speed of 48MB/s.

For guaranteed functionality and warranty, I'd suggest a Nextbase Micro SD card.

Kind regards,
Millie- Nextbase Technical Support

That sandisk endurance have warranty for dashcam use, so it is what i recommend people look for when they go memory card shopping.

Without searching to confirm, I'm sure I've seen Nextbase post that Sandisk don't perform very well in their cams ?

Again, from memory, I've read that each manufacturer uses different technology that may be the reason.

And again, my Samsung Evo Plus is still working flawlessly after nearly 3 years and across a range of cams including 2 Nextbase models.

Yeah i cant tell what good / best for nextbase cameras, my statement above are more of a general one, i do think most brands have some preferred cards they sell or recommend people use.
But in my testing over the years, the cameras i have had my fingers in have been pretty relaxed, aside for my zenfox T3 that did not like anything i threw at it, at least in the long run, but it would boot and record some at least with all cards, but sooner or later it stopped, even if it was a card other testers had success with.
And there is also the horror stories of some brands that seem to be very picky about what memory cards to use.

Hi all,

We do not recommend SanDisk SD cards for use in a Nextbase Camera due to not meeting the minimum dash cam requirements and warranty issues.

Due to lowering standards of functionality of a lot of SD cards since the silicon shortage, we now only recommend Nextbase SD cards for use in a Nextbase Cameras. This is because we can monitor our own cards and guarantee functionality.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

NextBase SD cards do not seem to be available in Canada, only if imported at extra cost, hence the need to find good alternatives

Hi,

My apologies if there is limited availability, however we continue to try to ensure all our accessories are available with our products.

The Nextbase 32GB U3 SD bundle is available here: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/B07S2BP1MV or here: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/produc...y-case-with-32gb-micro-sd-card-black/13617040
The Nextbase 64GB U3 SD is available here: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/nextbase-64gb-70-mb-s-microsd-memory-card/15232825
The Nextbase 128GB U3 SD card will be back in stock again at BestBuy CA shortly.

Thanks,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

I don't think it should be too terribly difficult to figure out a way to have compatibility with different brands of cards. I use DJI drones and action cameras that all shoot in 4K video at 60 FPS. I have a 128 GB card that is U3 rated at 170 Mbps that works great in all of my drones and my action cameras. But as soon as I put it into my 522GW, when it powers on, it freezes up and I have to put the 32GB card back in and it's happy again. I know you might say I don't record as much on the drones and action cams as much as I do with the dash cam and while that is true, I have setup time laps shots on one of the action cams with the 128 Gb card that I was talking about and it recorded for over 6 hours with no issues what so ever. I understand that not all cards are not manufactured the same and I will agree that the specs must match the device, but when the specs match and the device fails to work with it, it makes me think if there was any testing done with very many other cards or any at all prior to selling them. Is it a good thing that NexBase sells their own brand of cards? Sure, but it does provide a window of a monopoly as well.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B07NY23WBG
The SanDisk one I use - it specifies use in dash cams
"Designed to last, the SanDisk High Endurance microSD card gives you the peace of mind that your dash cam, home monitoring or security system will capture crucial footage when it happens, recording and rerecording worry-free. With capacities of up to 256GB*, you can record and save more Full HD or 4K videos.(3) It’s built tough too—ready to record in extreme heat or freezing cold, and it’s shockproof, waterproof and x-ray proof. The 256GB* capacity card is engineered to handle up to 20,000 hours of worry-free recording."

I have had no issues - the card stayed in the car all through the recent heatwave and hasn't missed a beat.

KenDay, I see they make a max endurance version of that card. I ordered the regular endurance 128 card and will give that a go in my 522gw. The problem with all this, at least for me anyway, is local availability of the cards. I can find the camera's with no issue. Just can't swing by anywhere here local to me and find an endurance card of any brand or a NextBase branded card of any size. Good ole amazon to the rescue!!! lol

Over the weekend, I had to take my iphone in to have it sent off for repair though my local Best Buy and found an sd card made my PNY, the elite-x 128 GB model that they had on sale so I thought I would give it a go. If it didn't work, I have plenty of other devices that could use it. But it works. I still have the sandisk endurance 128 card that I ordered from Amazon coming in today as well so I'll have a couple of cards that I can use with my 522gw. Just thought I would pass this along in case someone could use the info.

Back