Will Viofo ever improve motion detection in parking mode?

Sdeel7491

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A139 2ch
I bought my Duo back in April and I'm still waiting for an improvement in control of motion detection in parking mode!
It's looking more and more unlikely this will happen! Or am I just being inpatient!!

Hi I'm wondering the same thing as I bought it few months back for my new car but as I park in a car park at work all day with lots of cars coming and going my motion detection is always getting triggered which then means it drops below the battery cut off after few hours, so then it's just sitting on my window doing nothing, really hope they will make an update as that's the only reason I bought it

I doubt any brand will ever get on top of the motion detect issue, but it is working in my CCTV cameras where little things near my car don't trigger, but a larger human will.
So using motion detect for parking mode have always been advised against, you will be better off using constant recording with low bitrate if that's supported in your camera.
I think the reason my cctv camera on my car work is that it is aimed down at the parked car, and so i don't have a lot of movement in the background or to the sides as i am zoomed in on the car to be able to identify a person.
BUT ! you cant not do any of that with a dashcam, and i assume that's why some ( thinkwre ) hare implemented radar for detection,,,,, and still i am unsure how that work out for them.

Could easily be solved by having zones which are used in parking mode but I suspect that the cams would then need more processing power.

I've been waiting months for any positive advice as to if this will ever improve! From Viofo or anyone on this forum.
When I've asked Viofo I've just been very unimpressed with there thoughts and advice and then seem to disappear from the conversation.
They even offered me 10 % off a different model! But when I asked if a different camera would be any better they didn't reply!
Does any camera have a controllable motion detection setting?

Or is something that is not achievable in a dash camera.

Huawei's HiSilicon parts used in the mid range and higher this year have human and car AI detection which by all accounts is working quite nicely but that's not in any dashcams yet (the CCTV cameras with it in are upwards of $350 currently)

I can't think of too many HiSilicon based dashcams but that sort of thing will start to filter down overtime to lower end chipsets - a lot of the time the manufacturers are all battling with what is made available from the SDK from Novatek or their chipset manufacturer.

I did try a lower end PTZ CCTV device this week with supposed auto tracking but it didn't last 30 minutes before being sent back as being complete crap.

Last edited:
I found the motion detection on my A129 about ok on Low, it all depends where you park though. My blackvue has sensitivity 1-5. 1 is not sensitive enough (misses cars puling away sometimes, whereas on 2 it sometimes picks up stuff that I don't need.

The newer blackvues have region detection.

Motion detection is always going to be problematic though.

Back