Win a free Thinkware U1000!

BlackboxMyCar

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Thinkware, BlackVue, VIOFO, FineVu, Nextbase, Vantrue & More
We're very excited to announce the release of Thinkware's flagship model, the U1000! This is the first 4K front and 2K rear dash cam on the market!

1568332555582.png

To add to this excitement, we're giving away a free unit - all you have to do is enter your email or enter via Facebook. You can find more information here: http://bit.ly/U1000giveaway

You can preorder the U1000 from us directly by visiting the product page here: http://bit.ly/U1000listing1
By purchasing during the preorder period, we're also including a free bonus of 1) an essential installation kit 2) additional one year warranty and 3) 32GB microSD card - this is a combined value of almost $150 :cool:

We have some initial sample footage of the unit below. So far, the unit, especially the rear camera, is very promising.

We will have more written and video reviews in the next while, so stay tuned to our website for more information!

Edit - added sample footage below!

Last edited:
"The Campaign is only open to legal residents of Canada and United States, and is void where prohibited by law."

Too bad for me.

Im out too due to location on this globe.

I have played some online comps since i first got online, and once i won, i was not told but suddenly one day a case with a kick ass Abit motherboard was sitting outside my door when i came home from work.
Now both me winning anything at all, and placing a parcel like that at the door, are highly unconventional here.
But i did find out and contacted Abit to say thank you for the price, and also found out i was mentioned with full name on their web page. ( not that that matter a whole lot, i do have a silly NIC here on the forum but my avatar give away my name at least )

I always say i have no luck in gambling or love.

Sorry to all those outside of North America! We're seeing if we can expand these giveaways to all countries in the future.

What about reviewers? ;)

I get the pleasure the other way around, tomorrow i am donating my "old" SGGCX2 to a guy in need of a dashcam, and so that way ensure there are 1 more dashcam on the roads in my part of the country. :cool:

Giving,,,, even a gift are almost as good as winning.

If you're a reviewer located in North America, we'd happily see what we can do!

Agree on wanting to understand what are requirements for review/test. Would be interesting to compare next to my DR900S in the Alfa Romeo 4C (link to shots of DR900S below).

Self installed the DR900S with write-up on 4C forum (great group over there just getting into dashcams). I have modified wiring since photos so that hardwired vs in lighter socket. Used RC battery connector (from RC helis) so that I can plug the two backup batteries into a wall outlet to charge when low due to not car driven daily. Hard to do an install that looks good in an all carbon fiber car with no carpet or sound insulation to hide wires behind. There is only one continuous cover front to back of cabin, the central tunnel which has minimal space underneath and requires couple hours to remove the 6 pieces of it then reassemble. It was necessary to use the central tunnel to route the front camera wires into cover above window, down the side panels of window then through small channels to arrive under dash and finally across the central tunnel.

The backup camera rearview mirror was much more of a challenge for me though as had to route cables along outside of car (used quickjack to lift) and there is only 1 entry point to cab which is in front of 4C accessible only from underneath. This was a full day install, but had fun figuring a route and installing with ability to restore my 4C back to stock should I decide to at some point. I utilized a video multiplier so that I could run the feed to both the dash Pioneer and up to rearview mirror at same time. I can now choose which display to utilize depending on lighting and if top is off.

DSC_2722.jpgDSC_2720.jpgDSC_2728.jpgDSC_2732.jpgDSC_2736.jpgDSC_2738.jpgBattery.jpg

Agree on wanting to understand what are requirements for review/test. Would be interesting to compare next to my DR900S in the Alfa Romeo 4C (link to shots of DR900S below).

Self installed the DR900S with write-up on 4C forum (great group over there just getting into dashcams). I have modified wiring since photos so that hardwired vs in lighter socket. Used RC battery connector (from RC helis) so that I can plug the two backup batteries into a wall outlet to charge when low due to not car driven daily. Hard to do an install that looks good in an all carbon fiber car with no carpet or sound insulation to hide wires behind. There is only one continuous cover front to back of cabin, the central tunnel which has minimal space underneath and requires couple hours to remove the 6 pieces of it then reassemble. It was necessary to use the central tunnel to route the front camera wires into cover above window, down the side panels of window then through small channels to arrive under dash and finally across the central tunnel.

The backup camera rearview mirror was much more of a challenge for me though as had to route cables along outside of car (used quickjack to lift) and there is only 1 entry point to cab which is in front of 4C accessible only from underneath. This was a full day install, but had fun figuring a route and installing with ability to restore my 4C back to stock should I decide to at some point. I utilized a video multiplier so that I could run the feed to both the dash Pioneer and up to rearview mirror at same time. I can now choose which display to utilize depending on lighting and if top is off.

View attachment 48755View attachment 48757View attachment 48758View attachment 48759View attachment 48760View attachment 48761View attachment 48762

Wow! Really nice ride. And all the CF :love: Very neat installation of the DR900S.

Thank you. Great little car, these installs are a fun challenge for me. The challenge is that many people want to get up close and personal with the car, also it's so low others don't notice. The dashcam really wasn't an option after nearly being run over while I was stopped at a traffic light (semi turning right). Italian horns really aren't the most attention grabbing so wanted to be sure there was evidence for family should the unthinkable occur.

We typically request that the reviewer has a social media following and content aligns with our company as well.

The best way to find out is to send us an email to info@blackboxmycar.com and our marketing team will review the inquiry.

We typically request that the reviewer has a social media following and content aligns with our company as well.

By social media, do you mean Facebook or will YouTube suffice? (I'm one of those few people that doesnt use FB or Insta)

The amount of craziness I upload on YouTube daily will surprise you though lol

Back