Winbook TW700 7" Windows 8.1 Tablet Review $70 [reviewed as a dashcam companion]

USDashCamera

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I posted about this last week in off topic because when I heard about this device I was really excited. I wanted a tablet that could update firmware, change settings, and back up files while in my car away from home. I originally got a galaxy tab 4 7" tablet and it failed in pretty much every way possible for me. it ended up being a web browsing device while in my living room. The reason I am posting this here instead of off topic is because I am using it specifically just for use with dashcams.

This winbook was less than half the price I paid for my galaxy tab last year, and STILL half the price. the hardware is hard to compare since they run different operating systems but very similar regardless.

Specs via microcenter.com:

PRODUCT INFORMATION
SKU
Mfr Part# 466326
UPC 618996986019

GENERAL
Series
TW
Model TW700
Color Black

PROCESSOR
CPU Type
Baytrail-TZ3735G
CPU Core Quad-Core
CPU Speed 1.33GHz
CPU Brand Intel

OPERATING SYSTEM
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

MEMORY & STORAGE
Memory Type
DDR3
Flash Storage 16GB
Total Memory 1GB
Capacity: Flash Memory 16GB
Expansion Slots MicroSD
Max Flash Card Capacity Expandable up to 64GB

DISPLAY
Resolution
1280x800
Display Size 7"
Display Features Capacitive Touch Screen
5-Point Multi-Touch
16:10 Widescreen
Display Type IPS LCD
Touch Screen Yes

AUDIO & VIDEO
Video Chipset
Intel HD Graphics
Audio Recording Integrated Microphone
Video Recording VGA video webcam

FEATURES
Front Camera
2 Megapixel
Rear Camera 2 Megapixel
Sensors G-Sensor, Light Sensor
HTML Support HTML 5 Support
Speakers Built-in speaker
E-reader Playback .htm
.html

COMMUNICATIONS
Wi-Fi Support
802.11b/g/n
Bluetooth Support Bluetooth 4.0

PORTS AND CONNECTORS
Interface
micro HDMI, microSD, micro USB, USB 2.0
Ports and Connectors 1 x USB 2.0
1 x 3.5mm Audio
1 x Micro USB
1 x Micro HDMI

POWER
Battery
Rechargeable Lithium Polymer Battery
AC Adapter 5V/2A 10W Power Adapter

PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Weight
12.35 oz.
Width 7.44"
Depth 0.43"
Height 4.76"

PACKAGE CONTENTS
What's in the Box
WinBook 7" Tablet; USB Charging Cable; USB Power Plug; Warranty Card; 1 year subscription for Office 365 Personal
Applications MS Office
Office 365 Personal 1 Year. Activation required within limited time.

MANUFACTURER WARRANTY
Labor
1 Year
Parts 1 Year

So the main reason I wanted it, is because I wanted to use GUI format on the go, but my $1000+ Surface Pro is not always with me. I also wanted to use the Mobius utility on the go, but it hardly ever worked on my galaxy tab android app version. 90 percent of the time it would fail to save or update the settings. I gave up on it.

So with this tablet, for half the price at $70, i can use GUI format, the mobius utility, the Innovv utilities, VLC, you get a YEAR OF OFFICE 365, full sized USB so you can hook up a usb hub and use a keyboard and mouse, or since it has bluetooth, a bluetooth keyboard and mouse, micro HDMI to hook up to a monitor, this thing is great and affordable like none other. I don't plan on using it with a keyboard and mouse, I plan on just keeping it my car actually, but for someone looking for a dirt cheap windows computer, this is a great option. I bought a $12 4 port USB hub and best buy today, and basically I have a desktop computer with my existing monitor (i actually bought the hub for my surface pro).

I use an iphone which means I can't stick a micro sd card into it and use the mobius app or back up files. iphones are only good for dashcams if you are using a blackvue basically, or now lukas/innovv c4. my galaxy tab was suppose to supplement it but failed.

So anyways, here is my video review (excuse any screwed up audio, my narration AGAIN was all F'ed up windows movie maker being terrible when I tried to change some parts), I love the device if you could not tell:

Nice write up I keep meaning to look into one of these
you get a YEAR OF OFFICE 365
If you don't need the cloud features of office 365 when that expires just wanted to mention that I use libreoffice suite it's free and been really great for me no issues with it.

Nice write up I keep meaning to look into one of these

If you don't need the cloud features of office 365 when that expires just wanted to mention that I use libreoffice suite it's free and been really great for me no issues with it.
My work actually gave me a business subscription so I already had 3 more licenses I don't even have a PC for haha. Might just give this one to someone.

@USDashCamera nice tablet, especially because it has an Intel processor and it can runs Win applications. Still, the time will tell if it's worth the money or not.

I use libreoffice suite
Another free alternative is Kingsoft Office, which by simple coincidence looks like Microsoft Office.

got this tablet about a month ago as well. I like it a lot. I've got an iPad and an iPhone but they're seriously lacking when it comes to viewing content from a memory card or USB drive even when paired up with my Kingston wireless drive.

Back