Windows 10 App

JohnM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
DR650GW-2CH
Is there a Blackvue App for Windows 10 yet?

Last I heard there was.. and it still does not work.

Thanks Ralph.

Is there a Blackvue App for Windows 10 yet?

I asked Pittasoft the same question - this is their reply:

Hello John,
BlackVue PC viewer program is available for windows 10 and we will release its update with Cloud feature by the end of June, 2016. Using this feature you will be able to access the dashcam from anywhere and anytime using your computer/laptop provided that the dashcam is ON and connected to cloud service.
Please let us know if you have further inquiries.
Thank you
Best Regards
Taqi
BlackVue Support Team

No mention of the Blackvue app for Windows 10, so it looks as if they're determined to get as many people as possible onto the "Cloud" app. This of course will possibly exclude anyone who purchased their dashcam before 2015, unless it's sent back for an update, at a cost.

Latest from Pittasoft:

Hello John,
Sorry , my bad.
Unfortunately, we used to have BlackVue app on windows store, but we do not support it anymore.
My apologies for the miscommunication and the trouble it may have caused.
Best Regards
Taqi
BlackVue Support Team

Seems to be pretty clear - Android, IOS or Cloud, or revert back to Windows 7/8.

I attempted to download Blackvue Windows Viewer (version 2.50). Windows Defender detected a Virus and Malware, and aborted the download. I informed Pittasoft and they replied:

We have confirmed this with the blackvue Software security team. This is not a virus but a precautionary measure from the windows defender since blackvue PC viewer is not a well known program.
Also this problem is just with Windows 10 defender and sometimes with Norton antiviruses for some reason. You can also scan your computer with another antivirus to confirm it. People all over the world are using it without any hassle on other operating systems.

Sooo, no Windows 10 Apps, and no downloads via Windows 10. I didn't see that one coming when I upgraded from Windows 7.

I wasn't getting this in 2.50, but I am now getting this in 2.52. It claims to contain Win32/Spursint.A!cl.

If it is indeed a false positive, then generally it's something about their code that looks similar to this virus, and it's something they should change as AV companies aren't very likely to fix false positives for software this little used.

I wasn't getting this in 2.50, but I am now getting this in 2.52. It claims to contain Win32/Spursint.A!cl.

If it is indeed a false positive, then generally it's something about their code that looks similar to this virus, and it's something they should change as AV companies aren't very likely to fix false positives for software this little used.

Hi
Can you send your comment to cs@pittasoft.com.

I just attempted to download Viewer v2.52 and Windows Defender found a threat (Trojan:Win32/Malture.C!cl) and aborted the download.

Does anyone have any ideas, as I'm unable to download any updates.

I'll send it to Pittasoft but I'll probably get the same response as last time.

Latest from Pittasoft:

Dear Customer
Thank you for choosing blackvue

We have confirmed this with the blackvue Software security team. This is a false positive which means that the Windows Security Essentials / Windows defender is wrongly considering it asa virus. Our R&D team is working on it and this issue will be solved soon.
Also this problem is mostly with Windows 10 defender for some reason. You can also scan your computer with another antivirus to confirm it. People all over the world are using it without any hassle on other operating systems.
We have already contacted Microsift about this issue. To be more specific, the problem lies with the blackvue installer which executes the .exe files. The security of blackvue installer is compatible with Windows versions lower than Windows 10. We are upgrading the installer to be compatible with windows 10 too and we will upload it as soon as possible.

For now you can either temporarily turn offthe Microsoft Security Essentials / Windows defender when downloading andinstalling the BlackVue PC Viewer or use the Click&Run BlackVue PC viewerprogram that saved in the firmware ( SD card -> "BlackVue" folder-> "Application" folder -> "BlackVue For Windows" )

Please let us know if you have any further inquiries.
Sincerely

Noman
BlackVue Customer Support Team

I found an earlier post on this subject, so Pittasoft/Blackvue actually knew about this problem since at least September 2015.

I managed to download the Blackvue Windows Viewer V2.52 today, without any problems and without disabling Windows 10 Defender.

BlackVue released a new cloud viewer that is working with Windows 10 AE. The down side is they are pushing the horrible cloud thing again vs a direct connection. Once you connect from the PC the phone disconnects due to a one connection limit. Live view is extremely low quality. Viewing either live or recorded video is using the cloud too. The video uploads to Amazon Web Services then comes back down again to the viewer creating delay, relying on slow asymmetric internet connections and potentially eating into your cap if you have one. On the plus side it doesn't crash immediately so I suppose it's progress.

I am using Viewer vers 2.3 HD-E with Windows 10 with no problems at all Have had it for yonks

Hi Hillbilly

Windows 10 (non Cloud) users can use the Viewer (current version 2.52 I think). What we can't do is wifi from dashcam to PC.

Im having problems with the app on Windows 10 as i have video but no sound. If i try it with a differant viewer it works fine. So there must be an issue with the windows blackvue programme. I have sent them the configuration zip file for them to look at, But not heard anything back.

Am using the cloud version1.04 which when installed shows as Software vers 2.57-E without problems have both video and audio

Back