Windows 10 .... smooth video playback -- but -- at a very real cost.

"millions of people are automatically bugged..." using Cortana.
Millions of people don't have a microphone attached to their PC
Have to say though, Win 10 using a keystroke logger IS slightly frightening!
I'm really glad I'm a nobody who isn't into overthrowing governments etc - so nothing I say will be of interest. Although IF 'they' really are reading everything I type then hopefully they'll be interested enough to watch my vids and maybe act on the real morons out there.

I'm really glad I'm a nobody who isn't into overthrowing governments etc - so nothing I say will be of interest. Although IF 'they' really are reading everything I type then hopefully they'll be interested enough to watch my vids and maybe act on the real morons out there.
:D

I recently purchased an HP Stream tablet with Wndows 8.1 personalized edition installed. I am being presented with options to upgrade to Windows 10. Since I am a Mac person this is pretty new for me. Any thoughts on accepting this upgrade, or should I keep moving on with what I have? Thanks

Microsoft is not the only corporation exploiting speech recognition. Google has been at the forefront of using voice recognition to offer "helpful" features that are conduits for serious invasions of privacy. Chrome Browser now includes voice search which is very similar to Apple's Siri, except that unlike Siri which requires user input to activate it, Google's Chrome is basically listening to everything you say. When you say the word's "OK Google" it immediately responds, but of course, in order to know that you've said that it needs to be listening in the first place. Even if you do not expressly give permission to permanently allow "hotwording" the technology can be maliciously exploited to eavesdrop without your knowledge to any conversation in the room your computer
resides in.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2090083/chrome-exploit-can-secretly-listen-to-oblivious-users.html

http://betanews.com/2015/06/24/is-google-chrome-spying-on-you/

chromear.jpg

okgoog.png

I recently purchased an HP Stream tablet with Wndows 8.1 personalized edition installed. I am being presented with options to upgrade to Windows 10. Since I am a Mac person this is pretty new for me. Any thoughts on accepting this upgrade, or should I keep moving on with what I have? Thanks

I have no idea how it works on tablets, but on PC, it's just amazing.

Given what we are learning, I won't use Windows 10 in it's current incarnation. Dr. Albrecht said she expects a less invasive version of V10 to be released. If you feel the need to upgrade and are determined to stay with Windows, maybe waiting for a bit is the best course of action?

All of the PC's/laptops I have had so far dual-boot windows + Linux so I have full capability when the need arises. The default OS booted on power up is always Linux tho. I was told that Linux has fewer spyware/malware/script kiddies than the alternatives. Even so, we are also told that one of the mover-n-shakers in the Linux kernel programmers group compromised the code to include a back door for fedgov over a decade ago (he was a paid consultant). Windows also has NSA backdoors.

I don't have anything to hide, but I'm a bit disgusted that all of this is going on. Some of this monitoring is to protect my safety, which I appreciate, but I'm sick and tired of big companies trying to invade my privacy. Enough is enough.

I now have an off shore email account with encryption that protects the sender as well as the receiver's privacy. Hope that's a privacy promise that's being kept.
I agree with this.

No doubt someone will tell us how Orwellian this is but hey, if they can pick my obscure ramblings out of the millions of win 10 users, that's the day I buy extra lottery tickets!

Given what we are learning, I won't use Windows 10 in it's current incarnation. Dr. Albrecht said she expects a less invasive version of V10 to be released. If you feel the need to upgrade and are determined to stay with Windows, maybe waiting for a bit is the best course of action?

All of the PC's/laptops I have had so far dual-boot windows + Linux so I have full capability when the need arises. The default OS booted on power up is always Linux tho. I was told that Linux has fewer spyware/malware/script kiddies than the alternatives. Even so, we are also told that one of the mover-n-shakers in the Linux kernel programmers group compromised the code to include a back door for fedgov over a decade ago (he was a paid consultant). Windows also has NSA backdoors.
I have only had it two days. I will just stick with what is on there. Thanks

No doubt someone will tell us how Orwellian this is but hey, if they can pick my obscure ramblings out of the millions of win 10 users, that's the day I buy extra lottery tickets!

Common themes today are that .... I'm not doing anything wrong or they are doing this to protect me or ...... yada, yada, yada. But if you study history over the last century, you'll start to understand just how malevolent governments can be. I'm talking Evil (with a capital "E"). Names like Stalin, Pol Pot and Hitler come to mind. But did you know that the government of England engaged in torture post WW2? Most people don't know it. There are uncounted further examples. Examination of the writings/speaches of Smedley Butler are an excellent beginning.

What I know would fit in a thimble, but I absolutely would not trust the modern PTB (banksters, Wall Street or the legislative, judicial or executive branches of fedgov) any further than I can throw them. The next several months should bring the conduct of TPTB into sharp focus.

Apologies for the diatribe .... but digital video from our dashcams is a creature of the computer, and the internet.

Common themes today are that .... I'm not doing anything wrong or they are doing this to protect me or ...... yada, yada, yada. But if you study history over the last century, you'll start to understand just how malevolent governments can be. I'm talking Evil (with a capital "E"). Names like Stalin, Pol Pot and Hitler come to mind. But did you know that the government of England engaged in torture post WW2? Most people don't know it. There are uncounted further examples. Examination of the writings/speaches of Smedley Butler are an excellent beginning.

What I know would fit in a thimble, but I absolutely would not trust the modern PTB (banksters, Wall Street or the legislative, judicial or executive branches of fedgov) any further than I can throw them. The next several months should bring the conduct of TPTB into sharp focus.

Apologies for the diatribe .... but digital video from our dashcams is a creature of the computer, and the internet.
And if you're not back here tomorrow, we'll have a whip round to send your family a nice wreath.

History is full of tales of Evil governments/dictators etc. It's been going on for centuries in one form or another.
As for the torture thing (I assume you're referring to the London cage?), we also went out on crusades - it wasn't really about whose God is better, it was just an excuse to go off raping & pillaging (it didn't matter that many of the victims were Christians, they had nice swag & our Lords & masters wanted it).
Then there's the witch hunting, quite popular in England AND America, yet all based on pure imagination.
Mind you, if you want to talk about Microsoft's plans for world domination, I wonder what will happen when the Chinese flip their master switch & every electronic device in the world turns off !

How about Samsung TV's with voice recognition also uploading your ramblings to be stored and used for god knows what, now that most TV's never actually turn off your conversations can be recorded without you knowing

And if you're not back here tomorrow, we'll have a whip round to send your family a nice wreath.

Been waiting for it. Don't regret my loud mouth for a second. I only hope I don't come back here again.

.... it wasn't really about whose God is better, it was just an excuse to go off raping & pillaging.....

Testosterone is probably the main guiding force behind our entire planet. Unfortunately. It goes far beyond chasing dinner across the Serengeti plains with a club. Give young men an excuse to shed society's mores and values and they will jump on it. This principle appears to be eternal.

I'm far from common.

I'm still not doing anything wrong.

I love my country with all its imperfections.

I use Windows 7 and I like it.

And I can be a real witch when I want to be.

I once went out with a woman who seemed quite 'normal'. After a week or so, she told me she was a white witch.
After PMSL, we never saw each other again - over 30 years later & I still don't know why :D

Back