Windows dashcam player with 8x playback speed

tlsvp

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
Hello,
I am about to go through ~40 - 50 hours of dashcam records. So far for normal use I was satisfied with registrator viewer, but for this portion of records I am missing something like 8x playback speed.
Registrator viewer offer 1x 4x 16x and 64x. I tried 4x but it will consume too much time and 16x is already too quick and hard to follow. I need playback speed somewhere in the middle.
I also tried some movie players like VLC but playback get very laggy when I speed it.
Do you have some recomandation for me?
Kind regards

Why are you reviewing so much footage, are you looking for something that happened during that time ?

Use Registrator Viewer to write a single file containing all the source files at 4x speed, then play it back at 2x speed to get 8x.

And be sure to playback from file/s on computer, and not on camera or memory card in card reader, the latter 2 might be why you had lagging playback.

Thank you for suggestions.
Regarding VLC, when I spped up playback, the car start "Jumping", motion is not smooth. I have files on external drive. Registrator viewer playback properly even 64x. I will try different computer tho.

I think maybe VLC are not speeding up footage as such but skipping over frames to make it play faster.
I think it was 8X speed i used for my trip videos making the 9 hour much quicker to view on youtube.

Back