Windows PC Will not recognize cam

Gwyn Williams

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For various reasons i had not used this dash cam for about two years, now ..when trying to change the settings via my windows pc, the pc will not recognize the cam, although it does recognize the micro card.
I'm not even sure what model I have, I've had it about 3 years? on/off switch on Right side of cam with slot for sd card.Top of cam has M switch and Record switch plus tow outlets on is two outlets, one being for connect to PC .
Tried to add photographs but images are to big for this post?
When trying to change the settings I get error message VID = ABCD and PID 1234.
Have bought a new next base 512GW to replace the Mobius, but very disappointed in picture quality.
Any help or comment would be appreciated.
Banjoman

What little support there is for this cam has been intentionally steered to the less-publicly-visible forums on JooVuu's website. You'll do better to ask there as most of us here have given up on trying to make this cam function as it should and was promised to be.

Sorry you got a dud with the 512GW- maybe @NextBase Tiffany can help you with that :)

Also tagging @DashCamMan so he's aware of your issues with posting pics- we just got a forum upgrade and he's still working the last of the bugs out ;)

Phil

For various reasons i had not used this dash cam for about two years, now ..when trying to change the settings via my windows pc, the pc will not recognize the cam, although it does recognize the micro card.
I'm not even sure what model I have, I've had it about 3 years? on/off switch on Right side of cam with slot for sd card.Top of cam has M switch and Record switch plus tow outlets on is two outlets, one being for connect to PC .
Tried to add photographs but images are to big for this post?
When trying to change the settings I get error message VID = ABCD and PID 1234.
Have bought a new next base 512GW to replace the Mobius, but very disappointed in picture quality.
Any help or comment would be appreciated.
Banjoman

Do you have JooVuu or Mobius camera?

Im sorry to say while i was on board the X camera wagon from day #1 then i have sort of forget the issues i had with that camera as the last one have just been working as you would expect.
And i dont really make any changes to it any more, just crank the key in my car and drive away.
On the bottom of my memory i do seem to recall a issue with the camera and the PC, but i re-flash of the firmware using USB direct and a .elf firmware fixed that.

2 preproduction cameras have died on me since then, but the #3 camera being a production camera have been working fine and are still on duty as my long range front camera fitted with a 12 mm lens.

Back