windows player won't play a file

eustis

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is been almost a year since i got mine a119 cam, I've never had any problems of any kind,
but lately i been getting files that won't play, anyone knows or have any idea why this is happen.
thanks
bandicam 2017-09-14 20-55-15-098.jpg

Is been almost a year since i got mine a119 cam, I've never had any problems of any kind,
but lately i been getting files that won't play, anyone knows or have any idea why this is happen.
thanks
View attachment 33989
All files won't play or just some? If it's just some, where in the file sequence of that recording was it? The last file of a particular drive?

Will other players play it?

Just some files won't play the rest are good, sometimes the files are in the beginning or the middle or the sd card,I've never had any issue with my sd card.
thanks

Just some files won't play the rest are good, sometimes the files are in the beginning or the middle or the sd card,I've never had any issue with my sd card.
thanks
Is the bad file the one just before the camera shuts off?

have you tested the card with a utility like h2testw (link in my signature) to make certain that the card is good? they do wear out over time, esp if it's a plain sandisk "ultra" card.

note that to do a proper test of the card, you will have to erase all files from it first.

Is the bad file the one just before the camera shuts off?
no none of them, just in random places like i said before.
have you tested the card with a utility like h2testw (link in my signature) to make certain that the card is good? they do wear out over time, esp if it's a plain sandisk "ultra" card.

note that to do a proper test of the card, you will have to erase all files from it first.
My sd card is fine, I just don't understand why some files but the rest are perfect

no none of them, just in random places like i said before.

My sd card is fine, I just don't understand why some files but the rest are perfect
Since your A119 is almost a year old, then it's a V1 model. Are you using a GPS mount? If so, are you powering through the GPS?

Since your A119 is almost a year old, then it's a V1 model. Are you using a GPS mount? If so, are you powering through the GPS?
My camera is v1 and i been using the gps this all time, I have noticed the lcd is flickering and the camera restart couple of time while driving last week, i assume that the gps is what's causing the problem.

My camera is v1 and i been using the gps this all time, I have noticed the lcd is flickering and the camera restart couple of time while driving last week, i assume that the gps is what's causing the problem.
Plug the power into the camera itself and see if it stops flickering/restarting.

assuming that the gps mount is the problem, what's next buy another gps? i know i can use it with the regular mount but i like the gps function.

assuming that the gps mount is the problem, what's next buy another gps? i know i can use it with the regular mount but i like the gps function.
It’s the connection system between the GPS and the camera. A new V1 GPS mount may work fine for a little while, but will probably eventually do the same thing. If you power the camera directly, GPS will still work and you won’t have any screen flicker or restart issues.

Really i thought that powering the cam directly the gps would not work, ill try that and see if that fix it.
thanks

Back