Windscreen sunshades with dashcam?

The difference is probably based on the worm hole size.

Although a few paints such as POR-15 chemically harden most paints lose the paints liquid through evaporation. The liquid whether solvent or water needs some kind of tunnel or worm hole to escape from the paint. These holes are microscopic. It could be that water creates bigger holes creating a weaker paint bond when water to evaporates from the paint compared to solvent and that is why water based paints do not last as long.
I'm not convinced that there is a difference in life span for current automotive top coat, the hardening is a chemical reaction even for the water based versions, it produces a layer of polyurethane plastic which is the same in both cases.

As to paints, nothing they have out now will last like the old enamel paints did and again that's by design. I regularly see 40 year old cars with good factory paint but no 20 year old cars can make that claim, and cars made today will fare little better. It's all by design so they can sell more cars which in the end is worse on resources and the environment :eek: Recycling is harder to do than ever before because of all the different materials involved needing to be removed and segregated and there's more of the stuff which cannot be easily recycled. It's all junk now no matter who makes it, and the more you spent on it the greater the end losses will be. But it's what people have been convinced is what they want so the scam continues :whistle:

Phil

So currently i use my dashcam for Parking mode
Just confirming, i should not use a reflective shade inside the car as it will damage my viofo?
And you can't have both parking mode and some sort of windscreen shade?

Just confirming, i should not use a reflective shade inside the car as it will damage my viofo?
you'll get much higher temps at the camera if you have one of those reflective internal sunshades, will easily get way over the temps the camera and memory card can handle

Correct don’t put up sun shields when parked in the sun while any DashCam is mounted in the windshield. (On or Both, Parking or no Parking mode). The small amplified heat space will cook and warp electronics, plastic or even food. You can use external covers on the outside of the windshield as needed.

Back