Windshield Attaching Issues and possible solutions?

The camera lens rotates. Just make sure you don't touch the camera lens when you are working the mechanism. You will get a yucky image if you get finger prints on the lens.

If that happens, just wipe the lens with a clean cloth lightly wetted with isopropol alcohol (Not hand sanitizer). The alcohol will remove the oil from the finger prints.

Enjoy your new dashcam.

You're supposed to aim the camera during setup which ensures that its recording correctly for your application.

Yes.
I prefer to power up camera temporarily during install, so i can gauge if it is installed properly by looking at LCD screen or phone screen if it have wifi.
Still before this you have to angle the lens to sort of the right place, gauging sideways alignment i use the bottom of the A pillars i can usually see in the footage, and also the front of the dashboard.
Up and down dont bother me as you can always adjust that when the camera are properly installed.
Once aimed i slide camera off the mount and press the mount on firmly, then i do the rest of the install stuff, and then finally connect it all to the again mounted camera.

For cleaning, and you need to do that often as a dashcam owner, i prefer to slide the cameras off the mount, usually letting them dangle in the wires draped over my mirror, this way less of a chance getting stuff on the camera lens which if not removed most often sit very close to the glass.

Yes.
I prefer to power up camera temporarily during install, so i can gauge if it is installed properly by looking at LCD screen or phone screen if it have wifi.
Still before this you have to angle the lens to sort of the right place, gauging sideways alignment i use the bottom of the A pillars i can usually see in the footage, and also the front of the dashboard.
Up and down dont bother me as you can always adjust that when the camera are properly installed.
Once aimed i slide camera off the mount and press the mount on firmly, then i do the rest of the install stuff, and then finally connect it all to the again mounted camera.

For cleaning, and you need to do that often as a dashcam owner, i prefer to slide the cameras off the mount, usually letting them dangle in the wires draped over my mirror, this way less of a chance getting stuff on the camera lens which if not removed most often sit very close to the glass.
I do that too.

I use 3M scotch magic tape (one for books) and tape the mount to the windshield and then slide the camera on it. The rear camera is taped on the rear glass and the wires are looped around the roof handles and sun visors. It is like a science experiment inside the car. Usually I will drive around and rack up some hours on the dashcam to review the videos. Once I made up my mind I will do a full install.

If you do everything well, the tape comes off 100% and you will leave no trace. Better yet, I have done similar things on rental cars.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
egonvdv U1000 7
Back