Windshield Reflection

Redshift

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a new 622gw and tested it out for the first time today. The image quality was basically good except for a windshield reflection in the lower right corner of the frame. It was evident in all of the videos and did not matter which direction the camera was pointing. The camera is pointing directly ahead in front of the vehicle. I used the default settings and have not attempted to adjust camera or software settings yet. I have attached a screenshot of one of the videos which illustrates the reflection. I positioned the camera mount at the top of the windshield just to the left of the rearview mirror (USA vehicle) as suggested in the instructions. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

-Robert

Attachments

• 2021-08-14_19-24-08.jpg
    2021-08-14_19-24-08.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 15
CPL filters are great at removing most of unwanted dashboard reflections but don't think nextbase sell them or if there is one from a different camera model that is close enough in size that you could use. Maybe someone in the forums have some information about a possible fit.
Another option is the use of a dashboard mat but I don't know how you would feel about that. I personally hate those things.

Is your windshield blue tinted?

The 622 has a filter built in so maybe needs rotating a bit.

The old trick used to be to place a piece of A4 white paper on the dash as that helps see when the filter is at optimal rotation.

A CPL filter will not remove all reflections, but when installed just right it will make a very nice dent in the appearance of reflections.
My car have a beige color on the plastic trim on the A pillars, and so that is very easy to see down in the corner of my recordings even if i use CPL on all my cameras, when i get a new set of plastic trim ( i need that cuz the old ones have been on / off so many times they are worn out )
Well i an going to paint new plastic trim flat black, even if its down there in the corner and it dont really bother me, but getting a rattle can of paint i can for a few minutes revive my painters education ;-)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
el_viejo 622GW 16
Back