Wire Management

ryanneedham

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i installed a A118C as a rear view dash cam today and i need to leave excess wire for when i open my boot so it doesn't rip my charging cable out, my question is how can i make the wire look less messy but leave the excess for the boot, i.e. a pulley system or something.
And just a random question about my attached file (quickly knocked up drawing don't mock me lol) if i was wanting to overtake car 1 which is parked and car 2 was wanting to pull out of the t junction and come my direction who has right of way, i would assume me as car 2 is coming into the road i'm already in?

Attachments

• Drawing 1.jpg
    Drawing 1.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 18
I assume by boot you mean hatch ?, if so put wire through existing grommet and convoluted tube that goes between body and hatch, little bit of work but best way for reliability, I use net curtain rod, the flexible stuff as a pull through etc it's ace, you are indeed about you having right of way, as you are already on that road, but as you know and are very sensibly good enough to realise, proceed slowly with caution, as sods law works here, and if he pulls out as you're passing and a collision ensues the law sees it that it is you driving on the wrong side of road, good job you have cam!!

Thanks for the reply, yeah hatch sorry, i managed to make it look less messy with some of the clips supplies with the camera, might try the curtain rod tho. I always wait behind car 1 and let car 2 out anyway because i see it coming, thanks again :)

Your waiting method is ok but when ever I do this we both end up going at the same time and blocking the whole road ha ha, then get honked at, I always like it to look nice and am always reparing peoples broken hatch wires when they break, made even worse on more modern cars with thinwall wire being used it is no where near as flexible, and some designs are just crap like zafirra/meriva rear door to body looms always breaking wires.
Maybe take hatch trim off first as if no pre existing hole at top this will need drilling too, but looks so great when done.
Look at the convoluted tubes both sides one side often carries only the hatch/window washer pipe and so has a lot more room inside it pull the tube straightening it out makes it easier to thread rod through, by turning the rod it will be able to get it up inside the shell of the tailgate where the other wires go

Back