Wired correctly?

markoos120

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a new 770 with the Thinkware wiring kit. I thought I had it wired correctly but I'm not so sure. When I turn the car on the 770 doesn't turn on automatically, I have to power it on manually. But then it stays on ok, so I'm confident it's getting power from both wires.

Then when I turn the car off I hear a single beep and it shuts off, but it doesn't say "entering parking mode". Is this right? Or if not, is it possible that the wires are crossed? This is a brand new unit and wiring kit, so I have yellow wired to constant power and red wired to accessory power.

Thanks.

Update: figured it out. Answer is no, it wasn't wired correctly. Fuse taps were in the right places, but the red and yellow were reversed. I put two and two together from reading others' threads with simliar problems. I thought I had bought the Thinkware wiring kit but in actuality I had bought the BlackBoxMyCar wiring kit. So I thought it was supposed to be yellow=constant, red=acc, but it's the other way around with the blackbox kit. Annoyed with myself at how long it took me to figure this out but happy it's solved now.

Last edited:
I used a multimeter to ohm out the connections, ensuring that I used the correct Battery and Accessory wires.

Here is what I found:

fazvq1.jpg

RodeoGeorge

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M F770 3
J F770 18
Back