Wireless reversing camera

Dhi50

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi I completely lost when it comes to cars n wiring could someone please help I'm fitting wireless reversing camera I've sorted transmitter to reverse light is it ok for me to splice into back wires feeding cigar lighter/12 v output to connect receiver

It should be OK as long as the splice and wiring are done well. Could possibly give a "trouble code" on the car computer if it's got continuous power monitoring like most new BMW's are using. Still wouldn't be any real safety issue though.

Phil

It should be OK as long as the splice and wiring are done well. Could possibly give a "trouble code" on the car computer if it's got continuous power monitoring like most new BMW's are using. Still wouldn't be any real safety issue though.

Phil
Hi can you please help I'v connected reversing camera transmitter to reverse light and camera I'm left with attached pictures of monitor which really has me baffeled I'v searched for ever on line and all monitors have yellow,red, and white for power,video and audio but my monitor has red and black I'm totally lost any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_20190415_165344.jpg
    IMG_20190415_165344.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20190415_165344.jpg
    IMG_20190415_165344.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 13
I have this AutoVox wireless backup camera kit installed in our baby mobile. check out the 4th picture which shows a diagram of how the wires should be hooked up. if I'm looking at your picture correctly, that yellow video cable should be hooked up from the camera to the wireless transmitter. both my backup camera and transmitter are spliced into the backup lights for power. the monitor is spliced into my 12v outlet up front.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rocketvapor DIY Projects 61
Back