Wiring 2 mobius cameras together...

Solo81

Reaction score
Country
United States
I want to wire two mobius cameras together to run off a singe USB external battery. Does anyone know if this is possible?

I have extensive use with external battery banks. I want to wire the two cameras together and then have a single usb wire to power both cameras.

You can use a USB Y power splitter cable: http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/usb-y-cable

But you need to plug them into a socket supplying enough power for both cameras, a standard USB 500ma supply is not enough, you should use something capable of supplying more than 1A.

How about wiring both cameras in parallel to each other and having only one USB end plugged into a 5v , 6000mah external battery?

won't last any different to 2 USB cables plugged into a 6000mah battery with dual USB ports

what are you wanting to achieve by wiring cables together, maybe don't understand your reasoning?

guess you really need to custom make something anyway, any prefab Y cables are generally too bulky anyway

guess you really need to custom make something anyway, any prefab Y cables are generally too bulky anyway
That's kind of what I was thinking. I was just making sure that it wouldn't be a problem to just splice in my own wires, cut holes between the cameras and terminate the end with a USB plug

Back