Wiring for Cellink Neo/Parking (Non-Hardwiring)?

DroMike

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900S (pending)
I'm brand new to this dashcam business and am almost certain to purchase an F800 (or Pro). I want to use the parking mode. However, between the choices BBMC shows I can or should obtain, and whatever is actually input and output cabling, I guess I'm not conceptually "getting" it. That said, I'm thinking it best if I ask what I think are these straightforward questions. For sake of argument, let's say I'd like to wire a front-cam-only F800 dashcam to a Cellink Neo and do NOT want to hardwire anything to my car's fusebox.

DASHCAM TO CELLINK:
1. I THINK a small pin plug goes into the Dashcam, and from there to the Neo. What connection is on the other end of this plug, and where does it go into the Neo?
2. Does the above cord come with the F800, the Cellink Neo, or do I optionally purchase it?

CELLINK TO MY CAR'S SWITCHED 12V CIGARETTE LIGHTER OUTLET:
3: What specific type of connection to my car's 12V outlet comes from the Neo, and would the other end be a 12V plug?
4: Does the cord in #3 above come with the F800, the Cellink Neo, or do I optionally purchase it?

Please help me. I do not want to be ignorant any longer! :) Thx. - Mike

you need the optional three wire parking wiring for the Thinkware, that connects to the Cellink Neo, the Cellink can be powered from your cig socket if you don't want to hardwire

Thanks all - it's a moot point at this junture. I went with the BlackSys CH-200 which should be arriving, well, any minute now! :) Oh, and happily (unlike ThinkWare models) it won't require hardwiring or a Cellink for the parking mode (I have an alternate source).

Back