Wiring pinout of the USB cable for rear cam

GuizmoPhil

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello,

I've been using the front cam for a while, even tho I purchased both cam at the same time back in november 2018.

Yesterday I installed the rear cam (291 sensor) in my car. Towards the end of the installation of the cable, since my car is hatchback, I had the "pleasure" to wiggle and pass the USB cable through a rubber tunnel where all the wires that do stuff on the hatch door go through.

It was a painful experience nontheless and I ended up damaging beyond recoverable the USB connector on the cable.

Now since this was a very painful job, I do not want to redo the whole cable again. My intention would be to cut the connector from the cable, and simple solder another connector instead.

So here's my big questions: Is the cable for the rear cam a special wire with a specific wiring pin-out? If not, I would simply use a standard mini-USB connector off another cable laying around my PC. If yes, I would like to know how can I buy a second wire. (only the wire)

And the last question, if there are any wiring pinout diagram available, I'll take them just to make sure eveyrthing is soldered to the proper wire before applying power to the camera. Last thing I want is to cause a shortcircuit and kill both cams.

Thanks in advance,
Phil

The rear video cable can’t be extended, connectors can’t be easily replaced. It’s not a standard USB cable has extra wires and very specific shielding. Please contact @Street Guardian Canada for help arranging a replacement cable. Send a support email or private message. You might need to seek Profesional installation if unable to DIY.

So here's my big questions: Is the cable for the rear cam a special wire with a specific wiring pin-out? If not, I would simply use a standard mini-USB connector off another cable laying around my PC. If yes, I would like to know how can I buy a second wire. (only the wire)
the connector is 10 pin, it looks like a mini USB connector but it's not

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A SGGCX2PRO & SGGCX2PRO+ 3
SWB SGGCX2PRO & SGGCX2PRO+ 2
Back