Wolfbox G850 Timelapse Videos Always Locked

Brian (with an i)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo 129 Plus Duo, Wolfbox G850, Wolfbox G900
I have a Wolfbox G900 and a G850, both installed with the hardwire kit and their respective current firmware. The G850 parking mode time lapse videos automatically get locked and cause the SD card to fill up much more quickly to where I have to format it once a week to clear it. My G900 on the other hand does not automatically lock the time lapse videos. I have the G850 G-sensor set to off, collision detection set to "off" and it is set on a 12 hour time lapse in parking mode. Wolfbox basically blew me off and told me my settings were incorrect, but I know they are not. My G900 is set the same way and does not automatically lock the parking mode time lapse videos. Anyone else have this issue?

I have a Wolfbox G900 and a G850, both installed with the hardwire kit and their respective current firmware. The G850 parking mode time lapse videos automatically get locked and cause the SD card to fill up much more quickly to where I have to format it once a week to clear it. My G900 on the other hand does not automatically lock the time lapse videos. I have the G850 G-sensor set to off, collision detection set to "off" and it is set on a 12 hour time lapse in parking mode. Wolfbox basically blew me off and told me my settings were incorrect, but I know they are not. My G900 is set the same way and does not automatically lock the parking mode time lapse videos. Anyone else have this issue?
Hi Brian,
I have the same issue with my G850.
I Tried all possible settings and even after upgrade the firmware, all the videos get locked.
Interesting that the G840s that I have works normally. I wonder if Wolfbox is aware and will fix this with a new firmware upgrade.

Hello fellow Brian with a i
And mariov24, welcome to the forum.

Not at all familiar with this brand of cameras.
I personally use low bitrate always record for parking guard, and in that case the footage are just in the regular footage folder, i would assume it would be the same if i was to use time lapse for parking guard.
I do also have G-sensor on when parked, so any actual events will get locked or at least act as a flag for when something have transpired.

It sound as if a bug have sneaked in with the new firmware, or it could maybe be if you have not done a reset to default after you have installed the new firmware ?
Other thing i can thing off to see if it change anything are to run the system with the regular power supply and not the hard wire kit, just for a ride to see if that make any changes.
Though it do sound as if you both have had the thing working normally.

Many years ago i did have a test camera that backed itself into a corner, and became "faulty" in some way i can not recall, but not like you guys see for sure, anyways back then flashing the same firmware again took care of the issue, and with the following 5 - 10 new firmwares the problem never returned.

Most newer cameras i have tested though i have not tested this, it is my understanding that some part of the memory card space are assigned for the event folder, but when that fill up even there in the RO folder ( Read Only ) the footage will then get recycled as the camera also do in normal mode when the memory card is full.
I did test this on a Street Guardian system a few years ago, with it running on my computer table and them me flicking it now and then to create a event, but i cant recall how much of the memory card space was actually used for this, but i do remember i did notice that it was a adequate number of event recordings there was room for.

Me not generating events at all aside for pressing event button when driving, and that if my car would get hit while parked, which have not happened
So me using 256 GB memory cards, in my RO folder i have events going back many many months, so long that when i get around to pick new files for a upload to youtube i have to look at mu last video to see which files i have already used 1 time.

Yeah pretty sure its built in to the firmware, as I said my parking collision mode is off and it is set to record only in continuous time lapse when in parking mode. It (the G850) does not recycle the locked files and since I have it set to record up to 24 hours in timelapse parking mode (which is only 1FPS), it still fills the 128GB SD card in about a week or so of regular use and if my wife doesn't remember or notice that it stopped, it won't continue to record until she reformats the card. I will contact Wolfbox about this and suggest that they address this in a new firmware update.

Did you ever get this fixed? I just bought a brand new G840H and have this same issue.

Did you ever get this fixed? I just bought a brand new G840H and have this same issue.
No never did. But I did contact Wolfbox again and they offered me a free G900 as part of an Amazon review promotion. I really liked my first G900 anyway and both of mine (one I bought, second one free via promo process) are still working flawlessly. I still have the G850 but not currently using it. Still don't know what the issue was and Wolfbox never addressed the issue directly, but apparently others have the problem as well. Try reaching out to customer service and see what they say.

Back