Won’t stop recording when ignition is switch off in work van

simonwwfc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 512gw 1440 hd quad
Hi peeps
I can’t remember is there something in settings I need to change . I’ve connected it via 12v cigarette lighter in my merc sprinter work van when ignition is switched off and key is out the dash cam is still recording . I have to power it down myself to switch it off ? Is this due to cigarette power point being perm live ? Thanks simon

Hi Simon, I have the same problem as you. I’ve got a 68 reg transit custom & the power is always live once the key is removed from the ignition & I think the dash cam will carry on recording for at least 30/60 mins which took me is no good as I like to keep older files on my 412gw just incase. The only way around it is to have it hard wired to something that will turn off when the ignition is off I think. I have to remember to keep on unplugging the usb charger every time I take the keys out as sometimes I have forgotten lol

Yes mines a brand new merc sprinter I’m a delivery driver just don’t won’t to burn the dash cam batt out so it’s gotta relie on perm power to it all the time . Plus I rewrite the SIM card every week it’s only a scan disc 32gb

Some newer cars will have the lighter plug live for quite some time after key off, in some cases i think this are something the dealer are able to re-program, at least according to what i remember have read on this forum.
You could also hard wire your cameras instead, but of course that are a little more complicated than just plugging into the socket on the dash/console, and might not be a option with a work van.

Personally i feel, if you guys out of own pocket have gotten dashcams for your work car, the guy that you work for should appreciate this and help you in any way he can if you are having "issues"
Thats what i would do if you worked for me, cuz with your cameras you are also looking out for me, and i would appreciate that.

I cant hard wire it into van as we swap vans on daily basis

You can check out the Rhundo RS-20S. It has built in timers and will sense when the engine has been shut off.

Thanks Tiffany hope is all well been long time since last spoke

This worked for me, however when I opened the van door up the dash cam cam back on recording which is fine however there was a re padlock logo on the screen not sure what this means?

@Tonylovelock
It means that the recording is locked so that 'collision' that is has recorded does not get overwritten, and it also 'brings your attention' to it.
That’s ok Tiffany but il be in the van unloading the glass I deliver so will any movement activate it again
Yes it will. See preceding paragraph.

If it’s locked 30 second clips whenever I open the van doors then that is not an issue for me. Also the 5 minute recordings in parking mode then it turns off isn’t a problem for me either as I have a 128gb sd card

I decided for the time being to turn off the parking mode feature as couldn’t stand deleting protected 30 second clips throughout my working day as I get in/out of my van plenty of times! Shame couldn’t have parking mode activated with the motion sensor off (g motion) is turned off on my 412gw before trying out parking mode anyway.

Having parking mode GPS controlled and a user settable G sensor would likely suit a lot of people. Blackvue do it that way.

Just to clarify: if parking mode is on & the ignition is off it will record for 5 mins then power down. If the van doors open it will record a 30 second clip for every time I would open a door on the van & the clip will be protected. So I’m asking if I did a weekly/fortnightly format to the sd card will it wipe the entire sd card including the protected clips? Or will the protected clips be on the dash cam still until I unprotect them?

Thanks

A format will delete ALL the data on the card regardless.

Cheers for clarifying

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D 412GW 20
Back