Wondering what dash cam or dash cam software this is.

I think it is in the software player, there is also the text on the top saying detecting so and so.

Does reddit have a means of messaging the person who posted it? They'd be the best source for an answer ;) I don't do social media so I don't know....

Phil

Does reddit have a means of messaging the person who posted it? They'd be the best source for an answer ;) I don't do social media so I don't know....
Yes, however since this video was posted in the last day or so, and the video was captured in mid 2019, it's likely a repost by someone who found the video somewhere else. ie, the poster wouldn't know. Also, others have asked, and the poster hasn't responded.

looks like the telematics software used by large trucking companies, it auto sends events, harsh braking incidents etc to a central server

looks like the telematics software used by large trucking companies, it auto sends events, harsh braking incidents etc to a central server
I'm hoping that there's some free software that can analyze dashcam video and give similar information. Either that or a dashcam that does that. Not gonna lie, it looks cool.

I'm hoping that there's some free software that can analyze dashcam video and give similar information. Either that or a dashcam that does that. Not gonna lie, it looks cool.
it's a paid solution, very expensive too, can't see there ever being a free version, wouldn't hurt to run the idea by @edvision though as they're working a cool web based analysis tool, might be some ideas there for them

There are smart dashcams, and then there are SMART ones.
Gnet from Korea sort of have that option on their G-Syncloud enabled cameras,,,,, i will hopefully be able to elaborate on this soon.

Of course their cameras can not crank out the metrics a camera based on a expensive Nvidia SOC can, but still some nice options if say you are a small company that can not afford the big boy toys just yet.
Still a lot of vehicle / driver information to access at your command.

Last edited:
it's a paid solution, very expensive too, can't see there ever being a free version, wouldn't hurt to run the idea by @edvision though as they're working a cool web based analysis tool, might be some ideas there for them

Thanks for mentioning me. We know about Netradyne and indeed what they are doing in the fleet world is quite cool. We are definitely looking to build some similar features around vehicle/number plate detection and possibly distance estimation too. It probably won't be running live but will be part of our video processing pipeline. Will keep everyone updated once we start the heavy AI/Computer Vision piece of work on our product Dash: https://dash.envsion.io . Anyone who hasn't yet done so is welcome to sign up to be notified when we release Dash :): we will be releasing the beta of Dash by the end of the month.

Cheers,
Ed.

That's been mentioned on DCT but I couldn't remember where- thanks Jokiin :)

Phil

Back