won't exit startup mode

boag

Reaction score
Country
United States
this evening when I started the car the startup screen comes on (with the three chimes) and continues on with the chimes and never goes to the view from the camera (hope that makes sense). uplugged and restarted a few time and still won't work. Tried to get it into setup and no luck - any thoughts?

haven't tried, thought you need a card for startup.

Have you downloaded new firmware?

It's probably stuck in a boot loop due to a firmware issue.
Copy the latest to a fat32 formated card and put that in the camera.
It should reflash the firmware and boot normally. Settings will need adjusting again.

pulled the card out and the same thing happens.

updated the firmware and it's rebooting correctly. Two additional questions.
1. does this happen often and will I need to find a computer to download the firmware?
2. Can't find my manual, how do I exit setup mode other than turning it off.

I've only had it happen once so far. I have a bigger problem with it forgetting the settings quite often.
To exit the settings menu just hold the up button and it will return to the camera view

I had the same thing occur to mine this morning - it's stuck on the startup screen with the car and repeatedly plays the startup chime.

I haven't had time to troubleshoot, but it wouldn't come back on after about 2 mins of being unplugged, using the cig lighter. I've also tried cycling power with the power button but no joy. I guess I'll be updating the firmware tonight.

yea that seem to be the fix, like I said previously I bought a card reader for my phone since if this happens on the road you're hosed.

Update: updating the firmware (by placing the new 7/4/18 FIRMWARE.bin from http://mini0906.com/update.html onto a freshly formatted exFAT SD card) did not fix my issue; the startup screen and chime still repeats upon powering on ad nauseam. Time to return and buy a new one?

Update: updating the firmware (by placing the new 7/4/18 FIRMWARE.bin from http://mini0906.com/update.html onto a freshly formatted exFAT SD card) did not fix my issue; the startup screen and chime still repeats upon powering on ad nauseam. Time to return and buy a new one?

It needs to be on a FAT32 card.
You can either use a small capacity card or create a small partition on a larger card.

It needs to be on a FAT32 card.
You can either use a small capacity card or create a small partition on a larger card.
Strange, because this didn't matter for the first time I updated firmware. It has always been a 64GB exFAT.

Very sure as I had to create a small partition on my 128gb card to do it when mine had the same problem.

You sure it updated, the camera can't read exFAT cards
Yes. When I first got the camera, I updated the firmware with the Jan 2018 version using a brand new, unpartitioned 64GB SDcard (which couldn't be formatted FAT32) and confirmed it was updated since it had new Parking Guard menu items. Ever since then I formatted it the same way after dumping saved videos/photos to my PC.

I'll try what MedicalFlyer said, but Amazon is already sending me a return stamp lol.

Back