Wont turn on

Turdblossom

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just got the 70mai pro yesterday, first dash cam and I've pretty much figured everything out. I have one problem. My van has continuous power to the cigerate lighter and the camera works fine until I get in the van and turn the van on, the camera doesnt respond. I have to turn it on by hand. Anybody know why? Thank you in advance.

Just got the 70mai pro yesterday, first dash cam and I've pretty much figured everything out. I have one problem. My van has continuous power to the cigerate lighter and the camera works fine until I get in the van and turn the van on, the camera doesnt respond. I have to turn it on by hand. Anybody know why? Thank you in advance.
It needs to be plugged in to a non continuous power cigarette outlet. Does your vehicle have an secondary outlet that only works when the acc/ ignition switch is on?

Dang it! I thought when the car started moving the sensor would detect the movement and turn its self on. oh well! Last dumb question, so if I keep it plugged in to continuous power like I have it now and manually turn it on when I get in, will it turn itself off after a certain amount of time goes by? Or does it detect the cars movement and stay on?

Dang it! I thought when the car started moving the sensor would detect the movement and turn its self on. oh well! Last dumb question, so if I keep it plugged in to continuous power like I have it now and manually turn it on when I get in, will it turn itself off after a certain amount of time goes by? Or does it detect the cars movement and stay on?
Let me apologize for giving you information about an item I don’t know. I automatically assumed we where talking about the viofo. I have been following another tread and some how I got that mixed up on my head and my lack of reading didn’t help.
So my answer is that I’m not quite sure.

Had the same issue with mine when i ran it through my cars constant 12v lighter plug.

The only reasoning i can think of is poor coding in relation to power trigger reset. (engine off, constant power=cam still records - engine on during cranking power momentarily cuts out to power=cam thinks its going into surveillance mode and cuts power, only for engine to start and cam goes off).

The way i fixed it was hardwire kit.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Dash Cam Pro / MiDrive D02 2
R Dash Cam Pro / MiDrive D02 3
Back