Wonvon A10 power hookup

samster125

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi.
I just installed an A10 but cannot figure out how to wire the battery power (yellow) and accessory wire (red).
I expect the unit to be powered direct from battery ONLY when the ACC has 12v. Then when engine is **** off, the unit runs parking mode from battery for a set amount of time. But..

I connected the yellow to battery +, black to battery -, and red to 12v switched (from rear light).
The unit never powers off since it constantly draws power from the battery. Acc wire makes absolutely no difference.
So I ended up wiring the yellow to 12v switched and ignored the red.
Unit powers on and off with bike power; no parking mode.

Any ideas?
Or maybe an English manual?

Thanks

Have you checked the acc wire of the hardwire kit is the red and not the yellow? Sounds like it is the yellow to acc and red to 12v like some of the other kits.

I thought I tried that but now I have a doubt since one of my wire taps was flaky. Also just saw a review on Amazon that suggested the same wire reversal.
Will give it another try this weekend.
Thanks!

Wire reversal is a common problem, as different HWK's are made both ways, some with yellow for "BAT" and some with red. Nothing can be harmed by swapping them around so it's the first thing to try when you have HWK problems.

Phil

Back