Workaround for Dr550gw UK time issue

RichC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know that people here have said that changing the time zone to fix the current British summertime issue have said that I doesnt work, but I thought I'd try it anyway to see what happens... And guess what? It works!

So, if you live in the UK and the time on your DR550GW is an hour ahead of what it should be, do the following:

1. Put your sdcard into your card reader and insert it into your computer.

2. Open the config folder on the sdcard, edit the config.ini file and change the timezone to 16

3. Open the recordings folder on the sdcard and delete all files in this folder.

4. Eject the card and put back into your camera.

5. Allow it to record some video and then check that the time Is now correct ::)

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

I know that people here have said that changing the time zone to fix the current British summertime issue have said that I doesnt work, but I thought I'd try it anyway to see what happens... And guess what? It works!

So, if you live in the UK and the time on your DR550GW is an hour ahead of what it should be, do the following:

1. Put your sdcard into your card reader and insert it into your computer.

2. Open the config folder on the sdcard, edit the config.ini file and change the timezone to 16

3. Open the recordings folder on the sdcard and delete all files in this folder.

4. Eject the card and put back into your camera.

5. Allow it to record some video and then check that the time Is now correct ::)

IT WORKS thank you. I tried changing the Time Zone to Afrika/Dakar (Time Zone 16) via the Viewing App when it failed to change from BST and it did not work!! but this way works good news and thanks.

Ric

you know I haven't even checked mine yet. LOL did it yesterday but didn't have time to go looksee

Excellent .. glad it works ok for everyone .. all we need now the the custom firmware :)

Just for info, the newly released OE firmware corrects this issue too. (apparently)

Ah! When did that appear? Just noticed 1.019 is available for download on blackvue's web site..

Anyone installed this yet, does it have any new features apart from the time/date fix? Increased bitrate (unlikely I know.. but I'm hopeful!)

Yes, it appeared today.
It has fixed the time issue.
No there isn't a new bitrate
and No, I can't see any other features :|

vid_details.jpg

IT WORKS thank you. I tried changing the Time Zone to Afrika/Dakar (Time Zone 16) via the Viewing App when it failed to change from BST and it did not work!! but this way works good news and thanks.

Ric

Altering things in the App doesn't always work Editing should be done on a PC to make sure of success

Altering things in the App doesn't always work Editing should be done on a PC to make sure of success

Not being technical at all, I expect if I press the right buttons for it to work particularly when the item in question was not cheap. I appreciate what you said and will ask on here before getting to the f and b stage.

Cheers

Has been discussed in other posts in the different threads as not being the best way to do it.

As you say pressing the buttons SHOULD make it work but in this case they have proved not to.

I have a $60,000 car that sometimes the buttons that should work don't LOL Price means nothing if the software is buggy.

;-) What sorta Buggy you got with buttons and that costs $60,000 it must be Cold in the snow. LOL

Back