Workaround for file spliting/bitrate drop.

nCaine

Reaction score
Country
Poland
If this was found already then sorry. But i dint see it anywher so i post it.

Some one here on forum suggested that formating card clean , will give you two good files without drop in bitrate. I checked and it worked for 50mbit on my card.

But it was a drag to format, then load the files , take out battery etc.

Well , turn out its not a card problem at all , and no format is needed.
Afted first two good files (2gb or 4gb split). Just connect the cam to PC, rename the 300MEDIA folder for something else.
Turn cam on. It will generate new folder and again first two files will be right bitrate and size.

Update.
Turn out its not even the folder thing.
Its just the camera off on. Files generated from the first shutter button press should be ok.

Last edited:
not so sure if you are talking about me...

since i use yi camera as a dash cam....i can't imagine how I'm going to connect it to PC while riding on the road....

i never said formatting would solve the splitting or dropping of bitrates problem once and for all...just provided a possible way to solve the issue.

Actually...i'm even wondering if it's about the individual difference of each machine...because some people don't really have this issue even with same model like 22L OR 23L

The most ridiculous part is that..i reset the yi camera and set 1080 60 fps as default, not using any custom firmware or scripts....and tried so many C10 or U1 microsd cards....
files are still corrupted or split after few times of using.

I've searched for this issue over google for 2 weeks...never see a real solve to the issue.....
I'm done with it...the changing of bitrates really cause a serious and bad feeling when it comes to shooting....

Im on the same road mate.

Try to wrap my head around it.

Back