Workaround for WF1 video retrieval

dasherSam

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have been using the WF1 for a few weeks now and one thing that annoys me the most is the fact that if I wanted to get the videos from the camera, I have to physically take the micro sd card out of the camera and put it in an adapter for SD Card. Uploading to Youtube of Facebook doesn't work so well for me because I am on an iTouch 4th Gen and it seems that the upload to Youtube is maxed out at 240p for iOS users (last I heard Vicovation is still working on this, might have changed since I last tested this). However the video files can be save to the iTouch that I am carrying around with me all the time.

So I kind of traversed a path to get the video off the WF1 without actually touching the SD cards at all. It involves using a program called DiskAid. For those who have no idea what it is, DiskAid allows the user to browse the files that are on their iOS Devices.

so that is exactly what I did, I downloaded the video files from the WF1 to my iPod Touch. Take it inside and attached the iTouch to my computer. Loaded up DiskAid and navigated to the Vicoviewer app. double clicked on it and downloaded the videos I saved from the WF1 onto my computer.

simple ;)

No you don't ;) I am not... officially registered Apple developers can't really jail break their devices.... Just try it and see if it works for you ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L WF1 4
Back