Workers Paradise?

RSole

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have been unable to find the reason for the metalwork in the windows and on the balconies of the buildings in the photo. This photo is from the seller of the DVR207 to illustrate it's quality. Even the topmost levels have it. I suspect it's to keep people in, why else would the top floors have it also?

Attachments

• chinese barred windows.jpg
    chinese barred windows.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 275
it's not to keep people in, often to keep anyone out (yes even top floors) although theft is not such a huge problem, they are common all throughout China even on private homes, nothing to do with slave labour work environments or anything similar, very often used for hanging the washing from

a larger benefit to bars on windows is to stop people throwing rubbish out, it's not unheard of to have people injured or killed from stuff thrown out of windows, lots of buildings have warnings on them to remind residents not to throw rubbish out the window, still some out there that don't follow the warnings though

Thanks, Jokiin, are you from there? Your written Engrish is perfect so I suspect it's your first language.

When there are building fires, do the bars have to get brushed like BBQ grills to get the charred corpses off? I'll bet those bars don't have a quick-release feature.

RSole said:
Thanks, Jokiin, are you from there? Your written Engrish is perfect so I suspect it's your first language.

When there are building fires, do the bars have to get brushed like BBQ grills to get the charred corpses off? I'll bet those bars don't have a quick-release feature.

No quick release, if you were silly enough not to use the stairs then yep, you'd need the BBQ brush

I'm Australian, I live half the year in Australia and half in China

jokiin said:
I'm Australian, I live half the year in Australia and half in China
Lucky you! In your life is always summer.
This is my dream: always summer in my life. :roll:

enjoy,
Mtz

Back