Working "big" microSD cards?

ChannelZ

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Folks, I'm looking to buy a 9663DC and was wondering which cards are known good in the 128GB/256GB size?

I currently use a A119 that's on it's last legs, and it doesn't work well with any cards other than High Endurance cards. Is the 9663 as sensitive?

I have an ADATA Premium 128GB card, is that likely to work OK in the Street Guardian?

Have not tested the Adata cards so can't say, I know on another product we did previously the engineers used Adata cards for testing as they were the most likely to fail

Samsung cards seem to be very consistent quality

Which Samsung cards? Any preference?

I used 32GB EVO cards in my old Mini 0804 in the past, and now use those same cards in various Raspberry Pi. Still working 100%. I then got two 64GB EVO cards which were dead within a month in my A119. I reluctant to spend on a 128GB EVO and have it die in a month...

I believe the EVO Select is a good card, but unavailable in the UK.

You need high speed writing good quality memory cards with stable performance. There could be many good cards out there, but I can confirm at the moment Samsung Evo Plus U3 and Toshiba Excera U3, 128GB.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Which Samsung cards? Any preference?

I used 32GB EVO cards in my old Mini 0804 in the past, and now use those same cards in various Raspberry Pi. Still working 100%. I then got two 64GB EVO cards which were dead within a month in my A119. I reluctant to spend on a 128GB EVO and have it die in a month...

I believe the EVO Select is a good card, but unavailable in the UK.

Samsung 128GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSD EVO Select Memory Card with Adapter (MB-ME128GA/AM)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B06XWZWYVP
IMG_20180220_102927.png

I saw that, but I've been caught with Global before with import duty and a lot of ballsing about. I know it's supposed to be all dealt with, but it wasn't. Royal Mail in N. Ireland can't cope and brains melted and heads exploded trying to figure it out, whatever happened.

Go for Toshiba Excera 10 U3. I have the 128GB model and it works great.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back