World's first LTE ( 4G ) network Car DVR, 2Ch Provia HDB-2000H,

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Next generation vehicle DVR system service.

LG LTE Cloud DVR.jpg

Google Translated:

[2014-04-29] LG U + (vice Lee, Sang - Chul / www.uplus.co.kr ) is driving / Parking a car accident that occurred during the course of my car for about a smart phone anytime, anywhere via the HD video you can see the 'U + LTE Car Audio & Video Services launched.

U + LTE service vehicle images, the vehicle is a traffic accident occurs images stored in the black box installed on its cloud service 'U + Box' is automatically sent to the location of the accident and whether the accident that sent the letter smartphone-specific real-time vehicle video service.

LTE network is a combination of black box and LG U + is the world's first. existing accident black-box services in 3G and Wi-Fi network from your smartphone rather than through the video stills (Still-cut) type of photo file lookup or the vehicle must be within the limits were tethering.

Also check the video in the built-in SD card black box must be connected to the PC hassle accurate immediately after the occurrence of an accident is difficult to grasp the situation was , but U + LTE service vehicle video video 20 seconds after the accident ( 30MB) up to 10GB of storage space for a large cloud automatically sent to the accident, as well as to be able to respond immediately, without restrictions on the location and distance to HD quality video in real time on a smartphone can be found , as well as parking position can be confirmed at once parked vehicle parking location services and the advent of a shock or discharge the vehicle battery to be at risk levels are detected in real time to inform the character by character also provides notification services.

Text alerts service is a family member or guardian, including a maximum of four people a days. carrier, regardless that anyone can use U + LTE Car Audio & Video Services Google Play Store, or U + Store 'LTE Car Audio & Video Services' dedicated application to download and install or service a dedicated website ( www.usmartview.co.kr ) to sign up through you.

LG U + LTE SUBSCRIPTION Car Audio & Video Services is dedicated Customer Service (1661-6226) and the the. U + LTE prepaid recharge plan Car Audio & Video Services (Data transfer 1GB, 1 million / 180 days) and post-pay type flat rate ( Data transfer 500MB, 2 won / month) consists of two kinds, depending on usage patterns dwae selected.

Source NAVINSIDE

Think of the data used when viewing/uploading HD videos though. It's a nice idea, but I think a little too expensive.

That's a great idea - it looks like data speeds are finally starting to catch up to what these devices need :)

The video was awesome! Didn't even need subtitles or translation to understand what was going on. Those two main actors where good.

I kinda like the police light LEDs on the front of the cam... ;-)

The video was awesome! Didn't even need subtitles or translation to understand what was going on. Those two main actors where good.

I kinda like the police light LEDs on the front of the cam... ;-)
Drawing attention to the fact that you're being filmed examining the mess you've just made...
I also find my mobile signal can drop off somewhat in multi-storey car parks due to all the metal in the reinforced concrete & if you're in a modern office block, a lot of mobile networks have trouble getting reception into these places (I used to work in a building where all mobile signals were lost within a few feet of the door!).
Stealth is still the way forward.

Drawing attention to the fact that you're being filmed examining the mess you've just made...
I also find my mobile signal can drop off somewhat in multi-storey car parks due to all the metal in the reinforced concrete & if you're in a modern office block, a lot of mobile networks have trouble getting reception into these places (I used to work in a building where all mobile signals were lost within a few feet of the door!).
Stealth is still the way forward.

Yeah that's the difference with a product designed for Asian markets, network coverage everywhere and cheap enough and fast enough to be feasible

Pretty nice.

But it wont work too good here, though several Companies claim to cover the country with 3 & 4 G speeds.

As this recent news indicate there is many Places where its hard to use a cellphone at home, so often ppl are forced to have a old school telephone at home.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http://politik.tv2.dk/2014-09-16-tv2dks-brugere-vi-er-tvunget-til-at-beholde-fastnettelefonen

Allso Price is high i assume, i pay 100 DKkr a month for 3 hours talk - free MMS and text & 6 Gb of data.

sometimes i wish i could live in korea. i am half korean. but then i remember how crowded it is there.

we have decent coverage in Australia for the most part but nothing like the coverage you get in more dense populations like Asia

like the building we're in (our Shenzhen office) cellular repeaters on every floor, each floor of the underground carpark, each of the 12 elevators, having 3,000 people in a building drives the economy of scale to be able to have that kind of coverage though

I was given the chance to take up 4g trial on my network - a look at their coverage map showed me it would be pointless as there is zero coverage anywhere locally!
Whenever I need internet, I simply turn on my wifi & there's generally an open spot somewhere close by - amazing how many homeowners have open wifi :-D

Oh wow, just watched the video. This is crazy cool.

Hopefully we'll see universal LTE chipsets in the future that support all the various LTE bands so it can sold worldwide instead of regionally.

Oh wow, just watched the video. This is crazy cool.

Hopefully we'll see universal LTE chipsets in the future that support all the various LTE bands so it can sold worldwide instead of regionally.

chipset is no issue, cost of data services in most countries is the challenge

The subscription plan in South Korea for this model seems to be very affordable
~$2USD/month for 500mb
or
~$10USD for 6 month for 1GB
(prices from http://navinside.ru/lg-u-zapuskaet-oblachnyj-servis-lte-dlya-videoregistratora-v-koree/)

I'm sure the only reason they got prices like that is because LG was on board as a partner to the manufacturer. I can imagine that it would be very difficult for individual manufacturers to negotiate an attractive plan like that with providers in one country, let alone around the world.

Maybe in the future it will be easier as USIMs become a more adopted standard? Apple's iPad's are using USIMs and they have negotiated with a few providers data plans that can be bought prepaid directly from the device.

After being a victim of two hit and runs already, notification of an impact on my phone with an image or video would be a feature that I would definitely pay for. If this was available now, my provider (Bell Canada) covers 98% of the population with LTE and I could share my data plan (6GB/month) for $10/month.

$10/month is too much but I would consider it for the piece of mind. If the chipset isn't the issue, I hope providers recognize the additional income devices like this can bring if they are LTE enabled and jump on board to make a plan as affordable as the South Koreans have made it. I don't need LTE to watch my recorded videos but something like $40 for 2GB of bandwidth per year sounds like it would be profitable for them. They just need to realize they should charge less and have more clients than to charge more and have less. With infrastructure upgrades, maybe they will and so I hope to see this available in the near future :).

There's lots of challenges to overcome before systems like these could become commonplace in most markets

Back