Worth the Upgrade from the 650S to the 750S

pimpninja

Reaction score
Country
United States
hey all,

Looking for a dashcam for the second car. Currently have the 650S in my car which is my daily driver and track car over the weekend and very happy with it.

Looking to upgrade the cheap-o $15 dash cam in my wife's car to a blackvue but unsure if ponying up the extra cash is worth it for the 750s.

Thoughts? Worth it? or stick with the 650? Currently I can get the 650S for around $190, 1 CH, cheapest I can get the 750S is 245$

I just stumbled across your question. I had a 650S, and recently upgraded to a 750S (refurb) when the 650S died from heat exhaustion. Short answer to your question is YES.

The 650S has been (quietly) declared as EOL. There will be few, if any, firmware upgrades for it. So the newer features like sector-based motion detection, time-lapse parking mode, and the (non-functional for me, but YMMV) Garage WiFi will likely never appear in the 650S.
Throw in the moderately better camera sensor and "enhanced night vision", and in my humble opinion worth the extra $55.

Of course, what you want to do is swap in the 750S to your car (wiring remains untouched, but you have to swap the mounts), and put the 650S in the wife's car. :->

Brad.

Back