would a dash cam help the driver of the Range Rover who was attacked by hundreds of bikers in NYC?

Do you reckon thuggish bikers will think twice before acting so thuggishly again? More to the point, even if they don't, car drivers' attitude might change. I am not talking about how drivers might react to ordinary bikers; I am talking about how they might react to a mass of bikers, in a similar situation.

I am a biker. The vast majority of car and lorry drivers are courteous - most go out of their way to let you pass. A handful have acted aggressively to me for no apparent reason. Watching the video has made me appreciate why some people do not like bikers. There's a few bikers out there who make it dangerous for the rest of us.

As a parent of a two and five year old I can honestly say I would've done exactly the same in that situation and not even thought twice about it. Any parent will tell you that nobody's life is more important to you than your own children.

I can't begin to imagine the thought processes they went through in that car as events unfolded, they must've been terrified.

Latest news from cnn.com
According to Assistant District Attorney Samantha Turino, motorcyclists heading north on Manhattan's West Side Highway "were driving recklessly, ... obstructing vehicle traffic, running red lights, swerving between lanes" when one of them, later identified as Christopher Cruz, quickly slowed down in front of Lien, the SUV driver.

Lien's vehicle bumped Cruz's rear tire, slightly injuring him.

The Range Rover then pulled to a stop, at which point angry bikers surrounded his vehicle, hit it and spiked its tires, police said.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/11/us/bikers-attack-video/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Thanks for that. There's another interesting CNN video here: http://edition.cnn.com/2013/10/11/us/bikers-attack-video/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

The presenter states that the person who has apparently been paralysed had no motorbike licence. That person's attorney replies that he was a pedestrian at the time he was run over. I mention this simply because I could not believe the attorney said that (of course not having a motorbike licence is irrelevant to whether or not the SUV driver had the right to do what he did).

MozartMan, as you will be aware, your clip features another attorney (representing the person who shot the video) saying interesting things:
  • His client "thought" he saw a water bottle thrown out of the sunroof (presumably the alleged reason why the bikers pursued the car).
  • Why does the tape stop just at a critical moment, when the driver's window has been smashed? Because his client's battery ran out.
  • Did his client phone the police? No. He panicked.
Incidentally, I'm not suggesting that the person who shot the video committed a crime.

Last edited:
Thanks for that. There's another interesting CNN video here: http://edition.cnn.com/2013/10/11/us/bikers-attack-video/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

The presenter states that the person who has apparently been paralyzed had no motorbike license. That person's attorney replies that he was a pedestrian at the time he was run over.
Pedestrian in the middle of freeway? Yea, right.

I mention this simply because I could not believe the attorney said that (of course not having a motorbike licence is irrelevant to whether or not the SUV driver had the right to do what he did).

MozartMan, as you will be aware, your clip features another attorney (representing the person who shot the video) saying interesting things:
  • His client "thought" he saw a water bottle thrown out of the sunroof (presumably the alleged reason why the bikers pursued the car).
  • Why does the tape stop just at a critical moment, when the driver's window has been smashed? Because his client's battery ran out.
  • Did his client phone the police? No. He panicked.
Incidentally, I'm not suggesting that the person who shot the video committed a crime.
One article on CNN said that biker who shot the video was cooperating with police and was not charged.

Doing a search in Google images brings up lots of still pics of the incident from the initial incident to when the SUV finally stops in traffic in NYC. I had read elsewhere that the bikers had tried slashed the SUV's tires when the SUV first stopped, but I couldn't find back-up info on that allegation until I saw the pics of the SUV when it finally comes to a stop in NYC, the 2 rear tires are partly flat and the right front tire appears to be completely missing and was riding on the rim. I don't see any pics showing the condition of the front left tire. I also see now the rear window of the SUV is entirely gone. So the SUV was under attack all around on both sides at the initial stop and not just with helmets, fists and words but with knives out. The family must have been terrified.

Also the overhead pics of the SUV stopped in NYC show the sunroof is closed. Interesting how the defense can conjure up things that "might have happened". Unless the biker got hit by a water bottle, these riders don't strike me as being trash-niks reprimanding people who litter, if that happened at all.

Other notables in the pics, I hate using the word "hero" because it gets so over-used these days. There are few heroes, but I think the 2 gentlemen who stood there with arms outstretched to protect the father from further beating qualify, they could have been beaten too but they stood up to the bikers with just their bodies. Fortunately they weren't hurt.

Another article on CNN said that prosecutor had video that that undercover cop, who was arrested, was smashing rear windshield of SUV. Here is NYDN article: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/detective-face-additional-charges-biker-attack-article-1.1480552

Thanks for the article. There's a pic there showing the left front tire appears intact. So 2 flat rear tires and one front tire completely missing (probably after being slashed and run flat). also the NYDN article reports the person who took the video is receiving death threats. What a mess for all involved.

I wish the news writers would write more clearly like NYDN which clarifies that the officer was an "off-duty undercover officer", other news writers just called him an undercover officer and made it sound like he had infiltrated this biker gang and was doing surveillance on them. Probably from sketchy information, but now it turns out he was out for a personal ride and got caught up in the event, something he had a choice on. Initially the way the stories were written, it sounded like he was maintaining his cover by joining in the mayhem. Instead he works other gangs but now his cover is blown and probably his family's safety. Wow, poor judgement.

Last edited:
Thats not a knife,,,,, this is a KNIFE :cool:

Aussies should be allowed to carry, they have things crawling around that can kill a man just by looking at him :D

Those bikers are a bunch of dumbasses.

I mean jesus christ dude, watch the first part of the video again. The biker gets 2 feet away from the driver side and rides next to it and starts at the driver, then pulls right in front of the suv, and then slows down right in front of it. There was no way he didn't know the SUV was there. Definitely intentional, and there's a reason people who's job it is to figure this situation out have charged him with reckless endangerment.

17-25s
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

AND YOU CAN SEE HIM TAP HIS BRAKES. wtf is you crap with 'oh well his hand is off the clutch and on the throttle and therefore if we magnify'. Come on dude, at least make it seem like you've watched the video.
You do realize a motorcycle's front break is on the right handlebar and the rear brake on the right pedal, right? How do you see he is tapping his breaks? I'm not magnifying anything but I think you are. I just see no break light.
I agree that he should be charged with reckless endangerment and rightly so. My point is the SUV doesn't seem to make any effort to slow down and just bumps him.

The same way you have to be an idiot to stop an SUV with a motorcycle and your flesh, you are an idiot if you do it in a mob of 100+ bikers. Again, take the example of a guy in a bar alone against 10+ guys. You'll be nice and try to avoid confrontation as much as possible or you'll get a beating.

I'm sorry here but I'm not american. I don't have this bull**** of gun blazing crap if I get attacked. Here, you defend yourself in proportion to what you are being attacked. Now if the police reports as posted here recently are that they were slashing his tires, then yes, he is defending himself. From the original video, you can't tell what's going on once he first stops. You see the mob and 20 seconds later he plows through everybody. No, if you're surrounded by bikers you won't wait for the cops to get there. You may have to confirm your threat. Looking aggressive and surrounding a car does not entitle you to run people over. If they are, however, slashing your tires and breaking your windows, then yes, it's a dangerous situation. Just being surrounded by angry people IS NOT enough to use deadly force. I'm not insane, nor am I american. If someone starts yelling at me, I won't use deadly force to defend myself with.

One thing to note, if someone is getting out of your car and looking aggressive, you roll up your window and lock your doors. Again, I don't know if that's what he did when he fist stopped (I think I recall one article where they said they tried that but that was the only one with no mention of where they got the info) but the second time he stops and they do try to open his door (5 min mark or so?) his door is still unlocked as they open it. It's not legally guilty of anything, simply idiotic.

I'm not going to reply to every detail as I'm getting tired of online opinions which will change nothing to the case but - and correct me if I'm wrong - you can detain someone under a civilian's arrest if you witness a crime. Do I have that right?

I have to disagree with your main point that neither the bike nor SUV slowed down. In the video the bikes and the rider with the camera are riding at fairly constant speed, you can see the rate the scenery is going by and hear the bike engines, then the blue jean biker gets in front of the SUV and looks backwards to the SUV then his speed relative to the pack and the camera slows down and he and the SUV fall behind. People have called it a "brake check", whatever that is, but all the blue jean biker needed to do was ease off the throttle and his speed would drop. no brakes needed. Ignore for the moment whether or not he applied brakes, the question is, did the biker deliberately slow down in front of the SUV? In my mind the biker initiated the initial collision by slowing down and causing the bump. The SUV responds and slows down too because it also falls behind relative to the rest of the pack. If the SUV didn't slow down, we'd be hearing about a biker being run over not just a bump. You hold the SUV driver responsible for not slowing down, that's your opinion and how you interpret the video, that's fine. In my view what the video shows doesn't support that conclusion, the biker slows then both the biker and the SUV come to a standstill, but that's just my opinion. So to each his/her own. We can have our own armchair opinions.

For me, this story is about the reckless unlawful riding not only in the incident with the SUV but in the other videos posted from rides of past years. I think the incident with the Prius was from another ride years ago, so this wasn't a one-time event this type of ride has been going on for some time. We don't know who the other riders are or their backgrounds, but this isn't just a flash mob, this is people hearing of a mass ride and feeling they own towns and roads and everyone else be damned. So who are these riders? Or are they normal people caught up in a mob mentality? Lord of the Flies in real life? Has anyone else that was on that ride said anything? There's way more to this story than the collision, the chase, the beating. It's about attitudes, selfishness, unquestioning pack mentality. How does a trained police officer get caught up in this of all people, what was he thinking? He was off duty but had the training (and obligation?) to intervene and keep the peace but he joined in the chase and smashed out the SUV rear window at the last stop. We know now he wasn't doing surveillance on this group so wasn't under cover and no need to pretend and act like he belonged. Who's going to be next, is a glance or honk at another driver going to instigate and escalate like in this case? That's why this story is so captivating. And scary at the same time.

To the OPs original question, no I don't think a dashcam would have helped avoid such a confrontation. It might help in the investigation. But it's too late now for the dashcam. A family has been traumatized, insurance probably won't cover repairs to their vehicle, police officer's career on the line, one person possible paraplegic now, another with a broken leg, other riders facing criminal charges. What a mess. I, from my armchair, challenge the other bikers to apologize to the family for the behaviour of their fellow riders. Think that will ever happen?

Last edited:
I have to disagree with your main point that neither the bike nor SUV slowed down. In the video the bikes and the rider with the camera are riding at fairly constant speed, you can see the rate the scenery is going by and hear the bike engines, then the blue jean biker gets in front of the SUV and looks backwards to the SUV then his speed relative to the pack and the camera slows down and he and the SUV fall behind. People have called it a "brake check", whatever that is, but all the blue jean biker needed to do was ease off the throttle and his speed would drop. no brakes needed. Ignore for the moment whether or not he applied brakes, the question is, did the biker deliberately slow down in front of the SUV? In my mind the biker initiated the initial collision by slowing down and causing the bump. The SUV responds and slows down too because it also falls behind relative to the rest of the pack. If the SUV didn't slow down, we'd be hearing about a biker being run over not just a bump. You hold the SUV driver responsible for not slowing down, that's your opinion and how you interpret the video, that's fine. In my view what the video shows doesn't support that conclusion, the biker slows then both the biker and the SUV come to a standstill, but that's just my opinion. So to each his/her own. We can have our own armchair opinions.

For me, this story is about the reckless unlawful riding not only in the incident with the SUV but in the other videos posted from rides of past years. I think the incident with the Prius was from another ride years ago, so this wasn't a one-time event this type of ride has been going on for some time. We don't know who the other riders are or their backgrounds, but this isn't just a flash mob, this is people hearing of a mass ride and feeling they own towns and roads and everyone else be damned. So who are these riders? Or are they normal people caught up in a mob mentality? Lord of the Flies in real life? Has anyone else that was on that ride said anything? There's way more to this story than the collision, the chase, the beating. It's about attitudes, selfishness, unquestioning pack mentality. How does a trained police officer get caught up in this of all people, what was he thinking? He was off duty but had the training (and obligation?) to intervene and keep the peace but he joined in the chase and smashed out the SUV rear window at the last stop. We know now he wasn't doing surveillance on this group so wasn't under cover and no need to pretend and act like he belonged. Who's going to be next, is a glance or honk at another driver going to instigate and escalate like in this case? That's why this story is so captivating. And scary at the same time.

To the OPs original question, no I don't think a dashcam would have helped avoid such a confrontation. It might help in the investigation. But it's too late now for the dashcam. A family has been traumatized, insurance probably won't cover repairs to their vehicle, police officer's career on the line, one person possible paraplegic now, another with a broken leg, other riders facing criminal charges. What a mess. I, from my armchair, challenge the other bikers to apologize to the family for the behaviour of their fellow riders. Think that will ever happen?

I agree with you about all the things we don't know about but I don't understand the part I bolded. When a group of thugs or gang member, even car tuners, attack someone or an accident happen, anything, do all kids in that age group or people that modify cars have to apologize for others' actions?
Back in school I wrote a whole bunch of papers about motorcycles and the apparent culture it carries, predominantly in north america. It still baffles me how it happens. It's as if all bikers belong to the same family and it can't just be a mean of transportation or hobby.
I'm sorry I gave the impression that my main point was that neither didn't slow down. It's not. The bike slowed down and the SUV doesn't seem to. I don't see any lights on the bike's ends. See - and hey, maybe I'm wrong - brake checking is when you get in front of someone or are already in front and hit your brakes hard. That's not what the guy did. He got in front, probably rolled off the throttle and slowed down. Most of us have dash cams on this website. I could take any day's footage when I had mine running that would show people cutting me off or getting in front and letting go of the accelerator. Do I bump them in the ass? No. Or you would hope not anyway.
Heck, I even said this earlier :
He got in front like an idiot, slowed down (hey, maybe to check out if his friend with the car is still there to make sure the SUV driver wouldn't do something as stupid as running him over in the middle of a mob, eh?) and bam. Contact.
That's my entire point. The guy has his kid and wife in the car and tries to what, stand up to them?
Again with the bar analogy; Bunch of thugs are out to intimidate people and validate their great importance to the world. Guy at a bar is there to celebrate something with wife and kids. For some reason, he catches the attention of the thugs. They swarm around him, one walks up to his face, what does the guy with wife and kids do,a) stands up to them and pushes one around
or
b) shut up, be extra careful and let them slide as he's alone with his family and they're, lets say, 10 ?Option a) virtually guarantees a beating as they far outweigh the lonely number of 1.
It's insanely over simplified and even exagerated perhaps but I don't see the situation as much different or how to show my point better than that.
As for what happens after, we can't say because we do lack info. I think it's sketchy that in only 20 seconds he fears for his life. However if police say they were trying to brake his windows/slash tires, etc. then yes, he should be afraid and go through. If not, lock your windows, calm down and assess the situation. It's all over now so it doesn't matter. I just don't think the SUV driver is innocent. In all those years, how many people did they beat up like this guy? What's the difference this time?

I agree with you about all the things we don't know about but I don't understand the part I bolded.

Yeah, it was more of a question. I wonder if this was a cohesive group of bikers who hung out regularly or was this an impromptu ride with people joining in from all over but who otherwise don't hang out together and ride? Did most riders in this group share similar attitudes or could it be some of the riders be disgusted with the behaviour of the main players in this story and might reach out to the family or public anonymously and say "hey, those guys don't represent who we are, it's just a small group of bad apples"? There are lots of videos of road rage incidents but this was mob road rage. So many questions. Probably what will happen is this story got media attention because of its uniqueness but the media probably won't follow a minor story through the courts. The story will fade into history and what we know now about the incident is probably all we'll ever know and that'll be the end of it...except it continues for the guy with the broken back and the SUV family.

Last edited:
dQxPIat.png

The same way you have to be an idiot to stop an SUV with a motorcycle and your flesh, you are an idiot if you do it in a mob of 100+ bikers. Again, take the example of a guy in a bar alone against 10+ guys. You'll be nice and try to avoid confrontation as much as possible or you'll get a beating.

wut? If you are being mobbed, you get the **** out by any means possible. If you are in a bar alone with 10+ hostile guys, you do whatever you can to escape. The SUV clearly showed attempts to escape, and only escape, the entire time.

I'm sorry here but I'm not american. I don't have this bull**** of gun blazing crap if I get attacked. Here, you defend yourself in proportion to what you are being attacked.

oh, that's cool, yea let's just make extremely ignorant comments and generalize an entire population. That's cool.

This guy acted definitely in proportion to how he was attacked. He was not attacked by a single biker. He responded as if he was being attacked with 100 bikers. If a guy comes at you with a spoon, hitting him with a machine gun would be overkill. If 100+ guys come at you with spoons, a machine gun would not be enough.

That said, defending yourself in proportion is the absolutely stupidest thing I've heard, and no judge in the world, US or EU, buys that ****. Lethal force is lethal force. If I suspect you will inflict deadly or grave bodily harm to myself or someone immediate to me, you can react with deadly force as self defense, anywhere in the world. This also means that if I pull pepper spray, or a pocket knife on you, I better be just as justified to have pulled a fully automatic gun on you. Lethal force, is lethal force. In most US states and EU, all force is considered lethal.

It is about the perceived ability for the attacker to inflict deadly or grave injury. So if one man comes at you with a spoon, a judge might question if you really seemed like you would threaten grave injury. But if 100 mean come at you with spoons, it's very easy to perceive it at deadly assault, and to react with deadly force. New York is an obligation to run state, and the bikers attempted to prevent the man from fleeing the situation (such states you have an obligation to run before using deadly force). The bikers then kept following the SUV.

One thing to note, if someone is getting out of your car and looking aggressive, you roll up your window and lock your doors. Again, I don't know if that's what he did when he fist stopped (I think I recall one article where they said they tried that but that was the only one with no mention of where they got the info) but the second time he stops and they do try to open his door (5 min mark or so?) his door is still unlocked as they open it. It's not legally guilty of anything, simply idiotic.

That won't do anything against 100 people who are currently beating on your car and knifing your tires and breaking the windows. Yes, they were doing that, read the current articles. His door might have automatically unlocked, and it also could have been forced open despite being locked. The driver also would probably prefer being pulled out of the door as inevitable than glass breaking onto his 2 year old daughter.

I'm not going to reply to every detail as I'm getting tired of online opinions which will change nothing to the case but - and correct me if I'm wrong - you can detain someone under a civilian's arrest if you witness a crime. Do I have that right?

No, you don't. You can civilian's arrest someone only if you see them commit a felony, and in most states the rules are much stricter - usually it's only in the case of a violent felony. The driver here did not commit a felony, only a traffic incident (worst case scenario, wreckless driving, but we know he wasn't).

Only time you can commit a civilian-arrestable offense on the road is felony hit and run (definite injury caused, as opposed to misdemeanor hit and run), aggravated vehicular assault (clear intent to do bodily harm), maybe some of the stuff like throwing/shooting out of a car. And there's definitive limitations on the force you can use. Generally, you can only use the amount of force used by the person in question. Pulling out of a car after breaking the windows ≠ fender bump.

Also, whereas police can arrest you based on suspicion and probably cause, a citizen can only arrest if the person has in fact done it. So if I look like I'm murdering someone, by stabbing them and using blood squibs to pop out (maybe a prank, let's say), you cannot arrest me, even if it looks exactly like I've murdered them. I had to actually do it, and be able to prove it in court.

. Guy at a bar is there to celebrate something with wife and kids. For some reason, he catches the attention of the thugs. They swarm around him, one walks up to his face, what does the guy with wife and kids do,a) stands up to them and pushes one around
or
b) shut up, be extra careful and let them slide as he's alone with his family and they're, lets say, 10

... what? you mean wait to be killed? Oh, and in this analogy, the bar thugs are ripping your shoes off and breaking your glasses, that would be a lot more in-line to what actually happened.

In this case, yea, the guy better do anything he can to get out, such as use his machine gun against the 100 spoon gang.

Your individual photos are excellent and helpful at seeing if the brakes were apparently on or off - thanks.

I didn't realise until I read about it yesterday that knives were reportedly used. That potentially changes things - if the driver or his wife saw a knife and thought (right or wrong) that it might be used against him or his family - or if he saw a knife used against the tyres, knowing it would immobilise the car and feared that the knife might then be used against them - then the law allows him to take more drastic action to defend himself and his family.

And we make judgments from the comfort of our armchair but the driver had to make a decision under an 'adrenaline dump' (google it - it causes most people to freeze e.g. here:

...but when the big fight started, while I was running in the help my friend, I suddenly felt like gravity was pulling me into the ground, like I was walking in glue, this had me very worried for the half second this happened, but I managed to pull myself out of it and got in there to help my mate.

Has this every happened to anyone of you? It really kind of worries me to have this happen again, maybe I just got a bit scared, i did think we we're going to get absolutley ****ed up

It's happened to just about everyone that's ever fought. In my first ever competition I felt EXACTLY like that and needless to say, I lost.

The driver didn't freeze.

We could (?) have been reading about the death of a driver with police appealing to witnesses, and the story disappearing from the news after a few days.

23s - biker looking to his right
25s - he's now looking to his left (checking that the camera IS watching and recording ?)
26s - he's now looking behind him AT the SUV

And (thanks for the pics BTW) now we see that his brake lights ARE working, we must assume that this guy was deliberately engine-braking - downshift at speed greatly increases engine revs and also causes the vehicle to slow down considerably without any warning to following vehicles. From an onlooker's perspective, it can seem like the vehicle suddenly stops!
You only need to look at the white lines as they quickly disappear under the cam bike at the start of the vid, only to be moving much more slowly at the point of impact. in other words, these morons deliberately slowed the SUV in order to carry out this stupid stunt.

I saw the part where the light seems to go on. You'll call me insane again but it could be the sun reflecting in the brake or he could really be braking. He rolled off the throttle because he's slowing down but the light goes on for a fraction of a second but he was already slowing down. If he used the front brakes too, you would see a dive on the motorcycle. There is no motorcycle that won't dive under braking. SIDE NOTE: Now THAT'S where a dash cam would have been useful for the SUV.
As for the rear, notice right before the camera guy passes the SUV, the bike riders are mostly going around him. There's a white and red bike coming up on his ass and just moves to the side to pass him. At that distance, no, it wouldn't have made a difference. Still seems like he could have tried to brake harder or brake at all.

See, it's articles like this one that are bull****. Check the video and read this:
Christopher Cruz, 28, of Passaic, N.J., was previously arrested for sparking the confrontation on the Henry Hudson Parkway by swerving in front of Lien’s Range Rover and slamming on his brakes.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...l-responsible-article-1.1478475#ixzz2hY0OD2Hd
Gives a good picture of the SUV after though.

oh, that's cool, yea let's just make extremely ignorant comments and generalize an entire population. That's cool.
Speaking of generalization... read this article: http://gawker.com/hollywood-stuntz-says-he-s-not-to-blame-for-violent-suv-1442308597
The street biker has received death threats, not only towards him, but also towards his girlfriend and 9-year-old daughter and, he says, his business relationships have been affected.
Article also seems to explain if this was a gang or just random people... which I still can't seem to figure out myself if you read other articles like this:
http://www.slate.com/blogs/crime/20...otorcycle_gangs_still_exist_no_they_didn.html

Comments on articles from people, "If this was Texas you'd see how a 45 ACP would stop these bikers...." and other stuff like this. Paints a nice picture.

As for the defense, when I wrote my initial comment, no mention of knives or anything was mentioned. If he's really being attacked with knives, etc, then yes, he is entitled to defend himself. I stand corrected. Near impossible to see from the initial video when this came out though.
First time I find this information in an article though
When his SUV was surrounded by several bikers, Lien called 9-1-1, told police he feared for his life and drove off, running over bikers and critically injuring one.

Read more: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/nation...PD-officers-under-investigation#ixzz2hY4PzUmU
20-25 seconds to do all that isn't much, especially under 'adrenaline dump' but if it's true, good for him.
I assume the worst in people until proven otherwise.

I'm also curious if these people ever attacked anyone else. Everybody mention the Prius driver in '11 but I can't find info about anything else on other attacks if this isn't the first.

...If he used the front brakes too, you would see a dive on the motorcycle. There is no motorcycle that won't dive under braking. ...

Good point. There are two exceptions:
  1. I can squeeze my brake lever without applying any pressure. The brake light comes on but the brakes aren't applied.
  2. If you apply the brakes very gently.

What a bunch of A%%holes... Some people are saying that the SUV driver could have started the whole thing.... REALLY have a look at this:
Goto timestamp 1:10 and watch what they do to the Prius.

This guy filming is clearly also blowing through redlights....

I missed it the first time - I thought they simply remonstrated with the driver. In fact a biker breaks his mirror.

What shocked me was the riding along the pavement at speed. Anyone could have walked out and been run over on the pavement. You could easily lose a leg or your life. I am a biker and I cannot believe that another biker would not empathise with what a victim would go through and therefore not do it.

What shocked me was the riding along the pavement at speed.

In addition to speed, did you see the clips of the bikers riding at speed on the sidewalk, even the biker with the helmet cam is riding on the sidewalk. The most dangerous was when the helmet cam rider is on the sidewalk to the right side of the roadway, it's relatively narrow with parked cars on the left and doorways on the right.

Back