Would like backup camera talk too

Ken

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Lukas LK-7900 Ace
I can buy a $299 (Pioneer) or a $2.99 (eBay) backup camera, and it would be nice to cover them here on the site. I did not find anything.

I do parking cameras as well, not sure there is much interest in them though, most people don't seem to recognise the difference between good and bad ones

I can buy a $299 (Pioneer) or a $2.99 (eBay) backup camera, and it would be nice to cover them here on the site. I did not find anything.
I had a little trouble as well. The Peak one I have is okay, but not great. It is wireless and some days the signal can be rough. If I got to do it over again I would have and suggest getting a wired camera.

wired is the way to go, I've yet to find a wireless solution for these cameras that is fault free

wired is the way to go, I've yet to find a wireless solution for these cameras that is fault free
So i guess in that respect had I found a "Backup Camera Talk" maybe I would have ended up with a better camera, but at the same time I can understand there is much interest in them.
They are not really as portable as a DashCam. unless the camera itself becomes more plug and play after being wired in to the lights. Also I could not imagine someone like Techmoan backing up all over an empty carpark to review a camera or having the car in reverse with someone tending to the car while he walks back and shows how far back it can see.

I'm trying a cheap $10 one off eBay.
Options there are:
reverse image (mirror)
lines/grid markings
170 degree wide angle lens
IR LED's for better night view ( but I have backup lamps)
CCD or CMOS sensor (CCD has better low light spec.)

Back