Would the F770 function properly when its 12v constant input is controlled by an on/off switch

qihst1

Reaction score
Country
United States
"Would the F770 function properly when its 12v constant input is controlled by an on/off switch"

I wired my F770 to the fuse box of my S60 and quickly realized that its parking mode is essentially useless. I started with 6-7 hours of parking mode recording but quickly lost the start/stop function. After 2-3 moths and when it got colder and colder, the Park Mode recording times became shorter and shorter. The car battery's capability appear to have diminished as a result of the dash cam - start/stop function won't kick in these days. I had to turn the parking mode off.

Cellink Battery may be a solution to the problem. However, I am still concerned that I may not have the parking mode recording capability when needed e.g. when the car is parked for 2-3 days in my own garage. Would it be possible to have a Cellink Battery with a on/off switch to conserve power when the car is in my own garage?

I am wondering if anyone tried this idea before. The inserted is a wiring diagram.

Thanks.

Paul

Dashcam Wiring 6Jan2018.jpg

The switch in the power out to dashcam would work fine. I have a similar setup as what you indicated in the wiring diagram. I added a 2 way switch so I can power the camera (as well as parking mode) with the Cellink Battery B and added a set of input wire so I can bypass the battery and connect the camera directly to the fuse box. The switch also has a 3rd mode where I can disconnect the camera from the battery completely.

Thanks a lot for your reply. :)

Yes, I plan on doing this for my F770 in my new car. I like the Power Magic Pro with my Blackvue for the on/off switch and I plan on adding a switch for the Thinkware because I don't park this car at public places much.

putting an on/off switch btw the CELLINK B and F770 has been working fine ~ you can save the battery when park mode recording not needed.

At which point do you release the latch switch to OFF.
1. when the cam is still running in continuous recording.
2. when the cam is in parking mode recording.

I tried both and every time I turned on the ignition again I had to wait too long before it started, sometimes it asked me to format the card, it must be like turning off a PC at the mains plug instead of the shut down button.
At first I thought it might be the switch, so I did it with the bare wires instead, same result.
So I have gone back to turning the cam off with its own switch. Press and wait for 2 beeps, count to five and release, 1 beep then shut down melody. No problems when turning on the ignition again.

FW 08 + v2 Cellink

Back