Would you recommend the Q800

keepad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So guys, would you still recommend the Q800 cam?

I am looking to get one if I am able to turn off all voice guidance via the 0 setting and the November firm ware has address picture issue.

Last edited:
Well after 30 odd views I guess no one will recommend this cam, I will go for the Blackvue 750 instead.

very good choice the 750 (or 770 if u can get that one)
i had 2 Q800s in my car, but returned them as the overheat in summer
also i found the image not much improved from the 750/770
and you can get those much cheaper than the 800

Thanks for the info.

We have the Q800 Pro and the Blackvue DR750S. If I we were to buy a third it would be the Blackvue. The footage is better but not buy much on the Q800 but the Blackvue just seems more user friendly. Cloud function is way better on Blackvue all be it a bit slow. You can turn of individual voice notifications unlike the full voice mute of the Q800. The Q800 does look better though and the parking function seems way better than Blackvue. You cant pinch to zoom on your mobile phone with the Q800 to grab a license plate if you need to, this will need to be done via PC or Mac.

They are both very good and the Thinkware was easier to fit as it needs no PMP. Blackvue Tech support seems better at responding to emails too. Not as yet had a reply from Thinkware.

But the issue with blackvue is if you add a second camera, you have to subscribe to their paid cloud service if you want to add a second camera in the app.. even if you don't want the cloud services... I have a DR900S and a DR650GW.. if I wanted to review footage from the 650 I had to just pull the SD card since I can't access it using the app without paying monthly to allow it to work in the app. the big thing with me is that you have to mute the entire dashcam if you are sick of it being so vocal with everything it's doing...

I really like the way you connect to the thinkware.. pop the hotspot on on your phone and can then connect to the cam without losing internet access... that was actually pretty well thought out..

Back