Would you worry about this?

ghines

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Viofo A119S
Hi all,

Just installed my new A119 V3 on my new Tucson and due to the large area below the rear vision mirror with all the safety features it's getting into the video. To remove it I would need to move the camera much further down the window which I really don't want to do. What do you think, would you move it?

vTTbEiF.png

I can see some distortion caused by the windshield on the left side closer to the pillar and moving it closer to the left will exacerbate the distortion. I would live it as is now.

Not a big deal. Between the reflection / Glare and Modern Cars having Lidar safety systems mounted in the Rearview Mirror Housing, this is a "Part of Advancing Technology" situation.

Pretty much you're only alternative is either mounting it to the plastic housing (if possible) or under the plastic housing and behind the mirror. You'd eliminate the mirror / plastic housing from within sight of the camera. However, I'm not sure how obtrusive the arrowed position would be to your field of vision while looking out the windshield.

mount.png

Back