wp8.1 disappointed

febriannas

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
im going to throw my sjcam and i feel disapointed because this cam has no app for WINDOWS PHONE 8.1, i think theres nothing compared with gopro afterall and sjcam is another mistake, i should listen to them because, all my family and lot of my friend is using windows phone 8.1, and i just bought sjcam 5000

im going to throw my sjcam and i feel disapointed because this cam has no app for WINDOWS PHONE 8.1, i think theres nothing compared with gopro afterall and sjcam is another mistake, i should listen to them because, all my family and lot of my friend is using windows phone 8.1, and i just bought sjcam 5000

wow, trenches you was living inn last 10 years to be using WINDOWS phone? o_O
is that the only reason you throwing it away?
yes. please, I'll have it for one or other use :D

wow, trenches you was living inn last 10 years to be using WINDOWS phone? o_O
Windows Phone has changed considerably in the last 10 years, I think you are outdated!
Many millions of people use it and like it these days and the numbers are increasing rapidly.

I have a feeling you should have done more research before you bought your action cam. Unfortunately there aren't many action cams on market that support Windows Phone, so you are already limited in your choice. iOS and Android OS are the way to go for now.

while it may have improved and the uptake may have increased it's still not at the point where the cost of making an app can be justified for a generic product

I used to be a die hard windows mobile phone fanatic (even beta/pilot tested HP iPAQ phones). I couldn't wait for Microsoft to get their act together to be where they finally are today. (jumped ship when iPhone 3G came out) I'm sure development and app support will slowly come, but it's not looking good for 2015 as of yet. Our new BULLET HD BIKER PRO WiFi product only has iOS and Android support as well.

I used to be a die hard windows mobile phone fanatic (even beta/pilot tested HP iPAQ phones). I couldn't wait for Microsoft to get their act together to be where they finally are today. (jumped ship when iPhone 3G came out) I'm sure development and app support will slowly come, but it's not looking good for 2015 as of yet. Our new BULLET HD BIKER PRO WiFi product only has iOS and Android support as well.

Our new BULLET HD BIKER PRO WiFi product only has iOS and Android support as well.

and that like all the other Novatek (as SJCAM is) WiFi models are dependant on what the chipset vendor has available as a base app, I don't know that Ambarella has an inhouse Winphone app to offer at this stage either

Inexpensive Android wi-fi tablets are available.

There's just not enough support for Windows Phones. I don't know if that will change with Windows 10, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

while it may have improved and the uptake may have increased it's still not at the point where the cost of making an app can be justified for a generic product
As long as nobody has a Windows Phone app for their cameras then that is true, but once someone produces an Windows Phone app then millions of potential customers will be tempted to go for the one camera that supports their phone.

I think what will turn it is that an app for Windows Phone will also run on Windows 10 and the majority of customers have a PC so will want a Windows app and that makes it an extra sales point that the majority of people will be interested in.

The app will come for a chipset platform rather than a specific model, once it happens it will be available for all that use the same platform

The app will come for a chipset platform rather than a specific model, once it happens it will be available for all that use the same platform

That's what I was thinking. It's unlikely a company (or someone) will code a Windows 10 app from scratch without that Novatek/Ambarella basic framework in place ready to go.

Oh, just noted this is a duplicate thread to another one for SJ5000. Mod, can you consider deleting this thread?

MS can't even get some of their core apps working well on Windows Phone yet they have more functional Android and iOS versions available - the Remote Desktop client app being a primary example.

I've been using the Windows 10 previews and its matured nicely - I tried the Windows Phone 10 build though and it was ridiculously bad - whoever signed that off for release wanted shooting. Exchange mail didn't work (what would most corporate customers still be using?) and even the phone app crashed so you couldn't answer calls.

Someone at our place made the decision to move from Blackberry to WP devices and due to limitations with on device encryption no one could use push mail any more. Unsurprisingly we're seeing lots of iPhones appear in the hands of directors now!

Back