WR1 Failure

I download videos via wifi all the time from WR 1 and did the same with Yi dashcam,its much easier to me and faster to do it like that than put out sd card from dashcam and use a card reader ( which I dont own ).

Sent from my CUBOT MAX using Tapatalk

That's fair enough and each to their own. However, what takes minutes over WiFi takes just seconds if you use a USB cable and no card reader needed. You can also browse the clips far easier and transfer your selected clip straight to your pc rather than having to do a 2nd transfer from your phone.

I have a USB OTG reader that plugs straight into my Android phone. I removed the memory card and insert into the reader. Plug the reader into the phone and view it on a bigger screen instantly.

samsung-32gb-card-with-otg-usb-card-reader-.jpg

That's fair enough and each to their own. However, what takes minutes over WiFi takes just seconds if you use a USB cable and no card reader needed. You can also browse the clips far easier and transfer your selected clip straight to your pc rather than having to do a 2nd transfer from your phone.
I agree,you have a point,but its a lot easier to me to just download clips through wifi instead of eject and swap cables and move dashcam from a car or eject/pull out sd card a during doing that move dashcam and change point of view and need to adjist it all from start like I was when I first mount it.

Sent from my CUBOT MAX using Tapatalk

I wonder if you transferred from the card to the computer via a card reader if it would make a difference. Since your having an issue with the WiFi, maybe the file didn't transfer correctly. Might be worth a try.

Nope. No difference. I took out the card and loaded it to my computer using a card reader. I found that the video freezes but the audio continues to record and play normally.

I switched to a different memory card and updated to version 1.2 and still have the same issue but it is now worse. Now it is beeping at start up and power down but when I pulled the memory card I found there aren't any saved videos since Nov. 23 and I have been driving every day since then. So even when the camera notifies you with three beeps at power up and one at power down, no videos are being saved for the past 4 days. I also have 3 files with gibberish names at the start of recording (oldest files) and 9 of the same for the most recent files along with 5 folders with gibberish characters.

Nope. No difference. I took out the card and loaded it to my computer using a card reader. I found that the video freezes but the audio continues to record and play normally.

I switched to a different memory card and updated to version 1.2 and still have the same issue but it is now worse. Now it is beeping at start up and power down but when I pulled the memory card I found there aren't any saved videos since Nov. 23 and I have been driving every day since then. So even when the camera notifies you with three beeps at power up and one at power down, no videos are being saved for the past 4 days. I also have 3 files with gibberish names at the start of recording (oldest files) and 9 of the same for the most recent files along with 5 folders with gibberish characters.
If your still having issue, maybe you need to contact your seller for a replacement.

That's why yiu have a wifi camera, so you can review and download the footage while waiting for the cops.

Because it is a heck of a lot less time and money proving innocence at the scene than having to take time off work to go to court. 3 minute files aren't huge and if Viofo was thinking they would allow one minute files.
The new firmware now support 1 min loop recording.
Also next firmware will support to turn off the beep.
According to the Wi-Fi speed, we also test some camera which support 5G Wi-Fi, the transfer speed is about 3M to 3.5M/S.

We will update the WR1 SDK in near futures, the Wi-Fi speed maybe can be improved a little, and some others things improved.

@Wr1Camman It is hard to confirm the recording issue, if you haven't replaced the camera, you can send PM to me to get replaced.

More a "me" failure, my WR-1 is dead. Viofo kindly supplied a new case when I screwed up my old one, and I did something when I changed the cases over that killed it (insert a loud scream here). It was the perfect cam with that car, and withstood the massive summer heat here without a single glitch. I could never get the App to work, which is probably my cheap tablet's fault, but even with all this I will be getting another WR-1when I can. It was as reliable as my Möbius, a standard few cams can meet, and for me reliability is the most important aspect, overriding everything else.

Back