WR1 issues.

The post was light-hearted as I recall Phil being a Flashlight enthusiast ... and having a few myself figured it would be interesting for fellow enthusiasts to have a thread on Flashlights on this forum in the off-topic section.

I have also been watching your interaction with other people on this forum ... and in particular jokiin. You aren't exactly a friendly fellow around here are you? I was wondering how long it would take to get around to taking a shot at me. I kinda expected it. Perhaps you could try doing everyone on the forum a favour and lighten up a bit?

Your post didn't come across as "light-hearted" at all. It comes across like you were "taking a shot" at @SawMaster. In fact, I've noticed you have a tendency to be rather sarcastic in many of your remarks towards others, if you must know.

Maybe you should re-read my post again cause I wasn't ... it was mutual interest in Flashlights .. but obviously you read some dark stuff into it.

I know your type, d00d. Overcome those anger issues and be nice to people on the forum.

Besides, SawMaster is one of my Faves around here ... enjoy his contributions

Last edited:
You are onto it with the 'humour' ... yes, I often like to add a little humour when posting .... you should try it ... it's .. it's .. fun

I know I'm in for having my credibility smeared ... that's ok ... let it out ... breathe ... it's therapeutic. :p

Last edited:
@Moon I think you should consider first, next time when you are going to be sarcastic or sarcasm or writing some jokes and being or trying to be humoristic and funny, because all of us has different sense of humor, actually some of us dont have it at all. So my best intention advice to you is: Maybe you should keep you humor to your self because not everyone understand it same as you and because we are not here to humor or joke among ourselves, some of us taking this threads seriously and you might offend someone or someone might feel offended by your humor-jokes even you hadnt that kind of intention. I also recognized your thread to @SawMaster like no light thing and like you are make fun of him because he mentioned he is a flashlight enthusiast or whatever he is,so maybe you know some things about flashlights but here we talk about flashlights, dont mix apples and oranges, you dont know few things abouts dashcams. Maybe I just dont understand your humor, but seems to me I am not only one here.

Sent from my CUBOT MAX using Tapatalk

You are onto it with the 'humour' ... yes, I often like to add a little humour when posting .... you should try it ... it's .. it's .. fun

I know I'm in for having my credibility smeared ... that's ok ... let it out ... breathe ... it's therapeutic. :p

I found it rather amusing that after only five days as a member of this forum you started posting sarcastic complaints and "suggestions" about eliminating forums and sub-forums that you think don't belong here on this five year old web site, as if you know better than the founder of the site or many of us early members who put a lot of time and effort into providing feedback that helped make this well crafted place into what it is today. That explained much about who you are and what we kind of absurd nonsense we might expect from you going forward. Sarcastically attacking @SawMaster's post about flashlights not being related to dash cams is exactly the same thing.

At this point you appear to be baiting me but I have no interest in wasting my time with a xxxx like you. Please go find someone else to annoy, I'm have no doubt will.

@Moon I think you should consider first, next time when you are going to be sarcastic or sarcasm or writing some jokes and being or trying to be humoristic and funny, because all of us has different sense of humor, actually some of us dont have it at all. So my best intention advice to you is: Maybe you should keep you humor to your self because not everyone understand it same as you and because we are not here to humor or joke among ourselves, some of us taking this threads seriously and you might offend someone or someone might feel offended by your humor-jokes even you hadnt that kind of intention. I also recognized your thread to @SawMaster like no light thing and like you are make fun of him because he mentioned he is a flashlight enthusiast or whatever he is,so maybe you know some things about flashlights but here we talk about flashlights, dont mix apples and oranges, you dont know few things abouts dashcams. Maybe I just dont understand your humor, but seems to me I am not only one here.

Sent from my CUBOT MAX using Tapatalk

Yeah, I also remember when @Moon began needling you over a petty punctuation error even though your English language and writing skills are as good as or better than many native speakers here on DCT.

Yeah, I also remember when @Moon began needling you over a petty punctuation error even though your English language and writing skills are as good as or better than many native speakers here on DCT.
Yes, I almost forgot about that, thats all water under the bridge for me, no bad feeling from me to him. I am only pointing to him to pay attention in future, to first consider what he's going to write to avoid this kind of discussion, because this isn't time or place for this kind of discusion's and we are going off topic.

Yes, I almost forgot about that, thats all water under the bridge for me, no bad feeling from me to him. I am only pointing to him to pay attention in future, to first consider what he's going to write to avoid this kind of discussion, because this isn't time or place for this kind of discusion's and we are going off topic.

I remember you were very gracious about the whole thing. And, I agree with you about paying attention and considering what we write. We all should.

And take a look at how well written that post that sone983 has made that you have quoted. It is beautiful to see ... with all the spacing just perfect.

Congrats to sone ... well done. You have come a long way.

And take a look at how well written that post that sone983 has made that you have quoted. It is beautiful to see ... with all the spacing just perfect.

Congrats to sone ... well done. You have come a long way.

There you go. Provide a perfect example of your mean spirited, condescending sarcasm so we can watch you smear egg all over your own face.

It was 'pure' in its intent ... although I do admit it is unusual of me, as I have been known to accuse the odd 'buddy' on forums as being a 'Grammar Nazi' for doing just the same.

Happy to announce that I also have been working on my ellipsis ... thanks to Nigel who picked yours truly up on a writing flaw that was particularly annoying to him.

You can all bear witness that I have added a third dot in hopefully all posts made since then ... so I am happy that Nigel is now happy, and that I'm better for the experience.
Thanks Nigel :D It's all good.

Last edited:
Geez folks- I didn't mean to get a war started here by mentioning my hobby (of which several people here on DCT share with me :D) Maybe an 'off topic' flashlight thread later, or someone else can start it :D

And I'm not offended at or by anyone ;) So how about we get back on topic with the WR-1 and any issues folks may be finding with it. I really want to know all I can about this cam :cool:

Phil

It's a pity manufacturers don't specify the brightness of LED's in product specs as then it would be much easier to compare and come to a concensus on the ideal brightness, or as near as you can get from differing opinions.

Be careful what you ask for.

this is an industry where they can't even post correct viewing angles of the lens, forget about any published numbers ever being a thing, could just imagine what numbers would come out if they thought there was a marketing aspect to LED brightness

Thats reason why reviewers and testers exists.I dont know for sure but I assume that they are aware about these little problem,bugs and glitches and doing something about them. They release a new firmware version,whats gonna be next we will wait to see.

When I got the camera couple of weeks before it was released I reported back to Viofo.
I only found small adjustment to the camera itself. I felt the LED was ok in my camera, so I didn't call it out. It can also be a personal preference.
Wifi connected first time and I never got a problem with it.
Transfer a video file from the camera, after it has been running a half hour in 97F (outside the car), without any ac running and sun strait down on camera. The transfer took place from inside of the house to the car outside, around 20ft to test distance.
I shared some video with them.
I made some comment to the app, things I like to be add on.
Few change to the manual.
I shared some video with them also.

My impression of the camera /app is it good, but updates will make it better. So was it also with previous camera.

We are listening and collecting your suggestions, so more silence when listening to.
Confirmed, that is also my felling.

Last edited:
The WR1 is rated only 2 stars out of 5 on Amazon and both of the reviews say the LEDs are too dim. Hopefully Viofo fixes this before the next batch goes out.

Last edited:
It's certainly worth more than 2 stars. The picture quality is excellent at night and good in the day, especially considering the price. I'd have given it 4 stars, price considered.

As the OP of this topic, I feel the LED brightness is at the bottom of the list of things that need fixing. There are some pretty major functional issues that should be prioritized.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/wr1-issues.29819/page-5#post-351603

1. Top of your list - instructions are wrong or incomplete.

Has zero to do with the functionality of the camera and a new version can be posted on the Viofo website. Should be the last thing of all complaints.

2. Can't format without the app.

It's a wifi camera. Who is going to buy a wifi camera and then complain you have to use an app to format it? Again has zero to do with functionality of the camera. You can always use a computer to format it.

3. Only 2 android apps and only one works.

This is ridiculous. How many do you need? First you say you should be able to format without the app and then complain there are only 2. What company is going to come out with a product and than make 50 apps that do the same thing for it? Zero to do with functionality.

4. Beeps when not recording. This is an excellent feature. Who is going to drive around with the camera on but not recording? Zero to do with functionality.

5. Setup cannot be done without wifi app.

Again it's a wifi camera. What would you expect? Mobius isn't wifi so that's why you can load options to the card. Waste of program space and developer's time to implement this. Zero to do with functionality of the camera.

6. Red led should flash when recording and not solid.

The Viofo 119A has always had a solid red led for recording and no complaints. The led is to let you know at a glance it is recording. The flashing would be distracting just like the beeping you don't like. Zero affect on functionality.

7. Leds too dim.

If you can't see the leds you can't tell if it is recording. Doesn't matter if it flashes or solid, the leds convey important info. You don't want the beeping when not recording and with unseeable leds you would have no indication of recording, not recording, wifi, or even power. There is no screen so visible leds are a must. This is a vital functionality issue. Can't be fixed by posting on a website or with an app or firmware update. Must be done on the hardware and is the only thing on your list that can't be fixed once you have the camera.

No one complains about anything on your list but the LEDs and that can only be addressed in the hardware so should be the top priority.

We write down all of your problems and your suggestions, will find way to solve in next firmware upgrading and next batch. We are listening and collecting your suggestions, so more silence when listening to.

Make sure you fix the dim LED issue. This is vitally important without a screen to see the status. This also the only issue that must be done in hardware so is impossible to fix once the custolmer has the camera.

There are two reviews of this camera on Amazon and both give it 2 out of 5 stars due to the dim LEDs. It should be he easiest to fix with an LED or resistor change. Unless they are being pulsed through firmware and need a longer on time.

Also heard conflicting reports as to whether it will record 1 minute files or if 3 minute files were the smallest. For a wifi camera that takes minutes to download a file over wifi 1 minute files are a must.

Last edited:
Sorry - I don't read or speak Chinese (It's obvious that you have difficulties with English). I suggest you read the entire thread before offering unhelpful advice.

I read the PDF file of the instructions from the web and they were in English and completely readable. The blue LED was the one mistake I saw.

To ignore hardware issues like the LEDs that can't be fixed once the camera ships from the factory to address the instructions that can be fixed and posted on the Viofo website is insane.

Back