WR1 issues.

Do you connect the camera with computer?
If connect with computer, it will enter to the mass storage mode, Wi-Fi is not enabled.
Please power on the camera with power bank or test it in the car.
The Wi-Fi blue LED will be blinking after the camera powered on.

Regarding the USB connection issue, you can test it in the car with original car charger adapter, should be fixed OK.

Neither of the two LEDs will turn blue.

There will be no blue led, it's a typo.
The rapid flashing red light and beeping, is because there is no SD card insert.
Study red led meaning recording.
Green led flashing wifi is enable, no unit (phone) is connected.
Sturdy green led, phone is connected.

My phone like to connect first to my local network at home, so to connect to my camera I do in follow order.

1. Turn on dashcam, wait for flashing green led.
2. Go to wifi settings on your phone and select viofo network, wait and see if it trying to get ip address. (Password will be correct then.) (Password=12345678)
3. Go to the Viofo app and press connect. App should connect now.

In my case if I turn off the camera, I will automatically pickup my local wifi LAN.

Actually, there was a freshly formatted SD card in the camera (FAT formatted by my computer). My camera wouldn't stop beeping until I got it to connect with the phone, and used the app to format the SD card.

what size card was it?

You should only format the card in the camera so it's the proper cluster size FAT32. (especially 64GB and larger)

not sure what formatting options there are without the app but that explains why you had problems, the computer won't set the card up correctly, does need to happen in camera

I my case I used a 64 GB PNY card, which I took from my a119s. So its was formatted.
Wifi was strait forward on my old android kit-kat galaxy avant.

Okay, connected it to a big 12v battery pack and now the camera seems to go into WiFi mode.

The left LED blinks red continuously and the right LED is solid green. The camera beeps forever. Neither of the two Android apps will pair with the camera. Neither of the two LEDs will turn blue.

Here is a video of what it's doing.

Hopefully I'm doing something wrong.
I think @viofo made a mistake saying "blue colur LED",there are only red and green LED's.

64GB SanDisk.

Prior to formatting the card with the app, I couldn't get it to stop recording - the app would display a "SD card out of space" error over and over. Had to fiddle with it in order to get the recording to stop so I could format the card.

Would like to know how to format the card in-camera (w/o using the app). (Similar to how the Mobius and other display-less cameras do it.)
I had the exact problem trying to format my Toshiba 64GB card in WR 1, I solved it by formating my card in my Yi dashcam and then WR 1 accepted it.

Sort of same issue right now. Just received my unit, inserted my Samsung 64gb microSD Card, can't format it with the FNMultiCam app, but shows 64gb space available. Non-stop beeping... Solved it by inserting the memory card into an YI Dashcam like @sone983 and formatting in that dash cam then reinserting it back into the WR1.

FWIW, mine just arrived, and was having trouble connecting to the cam via the VIOFO app, and my Moto G4 Play.
I had to turn off the cell phone data on the phone to be able to connect to the cam.

Will have to get used to the solid red LED as an indication the cam is recording, instead of the usual flashing LED.
:(

It's not as discrete as I hoped. It still looks like a camera. a mobius is much more unnoticeable.

FWIW, mine just arrived, and was having trouble connecting to the cam via the VIOFO app, and my Moto G4 Play.
I had to turn off the cell phone data on the phone to be able to connect to the cam.

Will have to get used to the solid red LED as an indication the cam is recording, instead of the usual flashing LED.
:(

It's not as discrete as I hoped. It still looks like a camera. a mobius is much more unnoticeable.

I couldn't get it to connect to VIOFO app when the dashcam was on firmware v1.0.0 when using an iPhone. Think the instruction manual said to use FNMultiCam initially.

It's discrete enough compared to other dashcams, but it's really a personal preference on what shape or size you really want for a dash cam and how your vehicle is also...

My camera won't go into auto record. I have to open app and hit record or it keeps beeping. Viofo support is no help. Feels like a waste of money

Tried a different memory card?

Memory card is brand new used us a few times in the a119 until the gps rattle caused the unit to keep powering off and back on. You think it would still be the memory card if it records fine after I manually hit record? Hate to spend another $35. I'm using the transcend high endurance.

Have you formatted the card in camera?

Are you using the included power supply?
On camera and computer I reformatted. Yes I'm using power cord just not using the adapter. I'm using my phone one. But I can try the stock adapter

Back