Wrong to park here...

Paul Iddon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A139 Pro 4K, A129 Pro Duo 4K, A229 Duo 2K, & NB 522GW
Lady parked here, and even if she lives there, it's the wrong thing to do. In my rear view mirror, I saw her get out and lift the boot/hatch, so was likely getting something out of the back of the car - shopping perhaps. Or she was visiting and collecting something. Still wrong.

Yes, the pavement is for pedestrians, not for cars to park on...

Here parking on the sidewalk or the bicycle path thats often between the road and sidewalk will be a 1500 DKkr / 228 USD fine, and if you are still there when the parking maid return you can get the same fine again apparently.
And that can repeat up to 3 fines, after which i can only assume your car will get towed, like it would be if its a vehicle with no plates on as you cant park garbage along the street.
A problem my friend had some problems with as he had 2 cars and his father 2 cars and his father also owned 2 trailers, and they had like 30 M of curb along their property.
All cars and trailers had plates on, but when he one day got a land rover that had to be cut up for parts between him and another land rover owner, well then the car with no plates on it was towed after a few hours along the curb.
And worst of all the police dident even knew they had the car towed, and when the did find out they dident know where to the car was towed, o and this was in the 90ties,,,, 1990ties not 1890 ties. :rolleyes:
Turn out the cop taking the call about unregged car had a cousin that had some tow trucks,,, you know the good old one hand wash the other deal, this was also back when cops invistigated complaints about cops, and there wasent really any valid things to complain about cops.

Parking on bicycle path / side walk should also be harder for tha fact that roadside curbs are supposed to be 4" tall at least, but thats far from the case most places.

Yes, the pavement is for pedestrians, not for cars to park on...
Erm... I don't think that's the issue here. There is a bigger elephant in the room.

Back