WTT JooVuu for Mobius C2 (N. America only)

SawMaster

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Numerous and ever-changing
Here's the scoop-
I pre-ordered the JooVuu "X" and it functioned on arrival. Having only a PC has proven problematic- this cam MUST have a smartphone to access all it's features; the PC interface hasn't been developed to my satisfaction which has been quite a disappointment for me. I tried 3 times to upgrade to the newest firmware and it would not finish the process. The cam never went further than my desk- it is essentially "new in box" condition with everything included. At this point I am totally tired of wasting my time with this cam. I do not even know for sure if it works anymore but it doesn't seem 'bricked'- I simply have not tried it since the firmware DL failure.

Offer: I want to trade even for a working Mobius C2, new or very nearly new condition. I will send you the "X" cam, you verify that it works or can be made to work and if it does then you send me the Mobius. I will allow you one week after receipt to try the "X" cam to ensure it functions or can be made to do that. If the "X" cam does not work I will either pay for you to ship it back to me (shipping costs only) or let you keep it- my choice. If I ask that you send it back I expect you to return all just as I sent it.

Conditions: US preferred due to shipping costs but I may consider Canada if shipping costs aren't too bad. I reserve the right to not accept offers from new members or those who I do not feel comfortable working with. You MUST have a smart-phone which is compatible with the JooVuu app as that seems to be the only reliable way to use this cam and you MUST be willing to try to DL the latest firmware if it does not work as sent. I will allow you one week after receipt to try the "X" cam to ensure it functions or can be made to do that. You MUST have a compatible SD card for the "X" cam. You MUST have a Paypal account if I need to send you payment for shipping to return it to me.

Terms: My "X" cam is new in box condition with all accessories including mount, USB cable, GPS equipped cigarette lighter plug PS cable, instruction sheet, and software mini-disc. No SD card included. In return I want a new or nearly new condition Mobius with C2 lens, battery or capacitor equipped, and in known good working order. If you have a good SD card to send with it (any size) that would be nice but not necessary. All offers to be starred via PM to me on this site.

You can learn about the "X" cam on it's forum here- I will not answer questions regarding anything other than it's condition and terms of my offer. I am a smoker and as it's sat here on my desk awhile that may have affected the box though the contents should be OK. I am making this crazy lopsided offer simply because I have no more time to fool with this cam and I have come to the conclusion that the Mobius C2 is all the cam I need plus it is far more compatible with my PC-only interface. This should be an awesome deal for somebody!

Phil

Last edited:
Update: I will also sell this cam for whatever the current price for the Mobius is from a US supplier (not waiting for a Chinese shipment) and I reserve the right to reject any offers but try me anyway. Same terms, you try the cam first before paying.

Phil

Hi Phil,
PC functionality is being added (we have all the codes finally :) ). I really apologise for this, and I'm sending you a PM on here. Obviously if you want to keep selling this please do but I'm hoping the PM will explain a bit to you. Have a great Easter!

Cheers,

Dan

I've been in touch with Pier28 who I bought it from and it seems I may have a early version which has bugs, so I am returning it to him so he can check and replace it if needed. After that I will decide what to do with it so this offer is on hold for now.

As I made clear on here from before pre-orders were taken, it was critical to me that it have a PC app because that was my only interface. Your PM indicates that you are really only starting on this aspect and that initially I can expect it to not cover all the settings of this cam and that it may initially be 'buggy'. Had this happened 3 months ago I might have been content with you- I did expect to be part of the development process and for that to take time, but nowhere near this much time. And now I am going to have to wait even longer to ship it back and forth to your dealer at my cost. I've heard "soon" from you so often that I am not sure that you understand the meaning of the word.

That this cam works well can be easily seen by what others are doing with it, but for me it has been a very sour experience of me being pushed aside again and again. I shall wait and see what actually happens from here.

Phil

Back