WW3 on the way?

flank

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
VIOFO A119S
Hawaii and Japan sends missile test alert to its residents. Now Sweden is preparing to send war survival instructions to all residents.

Millions of Swedish homes are about to receive instructions on how to deal with the sudden outbreak of war for the first time in decades, guiding them through the “total defence” of the country in the case of an all-out enemy assault.

“All of society needs to be prepared for conflict, not just the military,” Christina Andersson, leader of the project at the government-run Swedish Civil Contingencies agency. “We haven’t been using words such as total defense or high alert for 25-30 years or more. So the knowledge among citizens is very low.”

http://www.newsweek.com/fearing-rus...instruction-manuals-millions-civilians-783342

Yeah i have no idea what the Swedes are on about, but it is nice they are between us and the Russians as they are more capable when it come to a armed stand, i just heard about 25% of the F35 planes we Danes have ordered will be left behind in the US as trainer airplanes.
Not just for our own pilots, i have no idea if we will pay for maintenance and fuel costs too, probably will having signed some silly contract we shouldn't have touched with a red hot poker.

We also just sent 200 men to the baltics, and i think a hand full of our F16 planes are flying over there too.

Not to offend our Russian members, but that putin guy,,,,, he is next level fawked up, when the russians finally get him kicked out i hope he and the billions he have stolen from the russian people are non grata all over the world, though i do know money talk and decency and morals walk.

I'm not worried

If there is a major war, it and the world will be done with in days o_O Too many hotheads in power and too many of them have nukes. No fix for either problem :( Though it's as old as me, Neville Shute's novel "On The Beach" is a far more important piece of literature today than everything Shakespeare did, but guess which is required reading in schools? :(

Phil

Quote from "The Postman (1997)"

"Wouldn't it be great if wars could be fought just by the ******** who started them?"

Quote from "The Postman (1997)"

"Wouldn't it be great if wars could be fought just by the ******** who started them?"

This is what everyone wants except the politicians who cause the wars :( According to Carl Von Clausewitz: "War is simply the continuation of politics by other means." If we mandated that the politicians staff the front lines in the first battle of all wars, there would be no more wars ;)

Phil

Haha would be fun to see a bunch of inept politicians go over the top, i forsee a lot of accidental foot shootings the day before.

Most people that go over the top do so for their brothers in arms first and foremost, politicians dont really have that they have them self, and so are not inclined to happily go over the top.
The cry "for king and country" i assume would be exchanged for something else if the men was to choose.

Evaluating on history it is stunning what men have done "for a brother" and likewise what some people have done "to a brother"
Plenty of the darkest and brightest moments of the humans in history.

Funny lot we are.

Last edited:
if you were in such an army that had the politicians up front, wouldn't you just shoot them yourselves?? I think I would, no need to send them over the top to get shot by the "enemy"

probably cost less too!

No doubt the term leading from the front are a unknown term for the upper echelons of society, that's only something lower level middle management do.

I dont like the "child" politicians we have here, i firmly believe it is better if a person have some knowledge of regular life before going into politics.
So some 25 YO kid while maybe full of good ideas and commitment, then i cant really use that for anything, on the other hand i dislike the old ones too, i have absolutely nothing to say about a person that have spent 30 - 40 years or more in politics, actually people like that are more dangerous than what any kid can dream up.

that's the issue with most governments I think, all the members are very out of touch with real life and the social norm

As a Sweden I can tell you that this is as much a preparation for natura dissasters that take out official/goverment services that it is for an event of war.

The first thing that they have now tried to communicate is that people should have resources to manage without help from authorities for 7 days. That means you have to have enough food and water for that time and if winter also a plan of how to stay warm.

The recommendation before this was 72 hours.
The biggest issues is probably climate. Either it is dissasters and big storms or if it is war because of inhabitalble land... :/

The Swedes are pretty stone cold dudes, throwing around dubious old wrong side of the iron curtain hand grenades on public streets almost daily.
And if it dont go boom they just leave it there on the street for some child or old dude to find the next day.

I'd be more concerned about NK than Russia. Him KingKongUn is a big-assed mouth along with "Mr. President". I trust in the speculations of NCs arsenal of weapons are fakes and the missils they tested aren't as well-functioning as stated.

I've read a couple of reports stating the images of the missile-launch control room was indeed showing artificial images of the Windows XP running on a computer in the background. It could have been for a demonstration purpose, no one knows, but i think that the part of the world, right now, that needs most attention would be the war of ****storm between North Korea and the States because the Americans chose to vote for a businessdude without the most basic knowledge of politics and welfare of the citizens of the country.

I'd be more concerned about experiencing a "Chernobyl II" than Russia trying to overtake parts of the Northern countries. Krim was a part of Ukraine and they failed at keeping the Russian army at bay, Krim isn't a new story at all, the war of that island has been raging for centuries..

Well lets hope the Russians have a good memory, the Finnes ( while sided with the wrong side ) put up a damn good fight, and Denmark and Sweden well you be hard pressed to find 2 countries that have been more at war than us.
And Norway,,,, well they can buy all the American armed forces and throw those in if need, thouse guys are swimming in money though you dont really see it, but trust me they are loaded, probably why Trump prefer Norwegians over just about anybody else.
And we have some mighty friends.
So if they want another Afghanistan, just bring it, personally im at a age where i dont give a s..t and i can still take 10 or more of them with me to the grave.

Its true Krim / Crimea have been a hot spot for longer than 1991 actually i was there in August 1991 or the area at least, spent a week or so in Odessa trying to unload a cargo of Gasoline to a Russia that was no way ready to receive that much "go juice" so it was kinda of a joke.

And BTW Crimea / Krim is a peninsula.

Back